Double DIN Radio Install Question

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
ochy38

Hate to make a new thread on another stereo install but I've been searching quite a bit and not coming up with anything. I ordered the genuine suzuki double din dash piece to go along with this headunit (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158XAV68BT ... T&skipvs=T), along with all the necessary harnesses and stuff.

The problem I'm running into is when I test fit the head unit to the stock suzuki double din piece, the radio face is approximately 1mm too wide to fit, but also 2 or 3mm too short to fill the hole heightwise. There's no separate trim piece that come with the radio. Can anyone give me insight? Was the radio supposed to come with a trim plate or have you members that used the stock plate had to cut the sides to get the headunit to fit?

I was hopeful this would be a zero headaches install but I should've known better, not sure it's ever gone that way. :cry: