Black out your Bumper without paint

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Moto
Site Admin

I haven't seen him on the site in a very long time. I don't think he is still selling them.
metatrox

Long time no see everyone! Just wanted you all to know I have these kits available again.
I apologize for the ridiculously long wait!
Thanks!
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
Northernstar

LOL, look who's here!! i am still waiting for your clear side markers!! ^_^
danimals801

I have a family member that suggested using plasti dip but in a the aerosol can to black out my bumper. you would have to tape it off just as if you are going to paint it but plasti dip PEELS off if you dont like it.

Plasti Dip: 5.96

Painters tape: 6 or 7 depending on the size.

Ill post pictures of my finished product soon!

it only cost me 20 bucks but does take a very long time.

Here is mine, using plasti dip! came out very nice. you will only need one can, i did about 7 coats and still have plenty left. I'm going to try and do the "S" on my grill next. ill upload pics when i'm finished
Last edited by danimals801 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
NiteRider

metatrox - I don't see that Glossy Kit avail. Did you find that the Matte was more popular? I have the Azure Gray and I can't make up my mind as to what would look better.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
metatrox

Niterider : item number 180853318755 the glossy is available
babacu

NiteRider wrote:I have the Azure Gray and I can't make up my mind as to what would look better.
I think the matte one looks cooler on any colour. ;-)

On a slightly related note, it's a year and a half/two winters later for me, and the whole thing looks as good as on day one. So not sure about the other methods suggested on this forum, but I'd go with this kit (the matte one, of course ;-)) if it's still available.
metatrox

Thanks for the comments! It's a good high grade vinyl. I know personally I chose matte.
Drem

1 year later I still want one of these. I finally decided to try the matte, but I don't see them up on ebay. Sell me one?

Also, those white Kizashis look so nice. So jelly, but you can keep that awful light interior. ;)
2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver