WHERE CAN I GET WHITER LIGHT BULBS ?

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
ale3to

HAS ANYONE CHANGE THE LIGHTS TO WHITER ONES? WHERE CAN I GET THEM ? what ARE THE BEST?
Moto
Site Admin

Inside voices please...
metatrox

I just reached mine this weekend with sylvania silverstars they are quite a bit brighter/whiter than the regulars. I did both the DRL/high beam and the low beam. Unfortunately the DRL is low voltage so it is yellow during the day :(
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
Moto
Site Admin

Keep in mind that whiter bulbs burn out in about half the time... I used to go through about 2 sets a year.
EnfinityX

u can also take a look at the GE nighthawks
lookin

why not go the hid route that would give you white
sj85

Just wanted to ask, if any body found a better way to change the headlight bulb (also retrofit it with HID) without taking the front bumper off. I really want to change my headlights, but bumper situation is discouraging me to do that.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport MT :-D
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS 6 MT :-D
2002 Hyundai Sonata Auto :-)
2008 Suzuki Swift Zxi (in Asia) :-D
2002 Suzuki Zen Vxi (in Asia) :-D
Triggerhappy

Someone managed to do it without taking out the bumper.http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... f=28&t=446

Taking off the bumper is really easy though. There's 3 screws on top by the radiator, 4-6(can't remember) below the bumper, 2 below the fenders. Pull the side part of the bumper below the fenders out first. Lift the bumper up and towards you, but don't let it drop down yet. There are 2 cables for the parking lights that can be pulled out so it doesn't stretch when the bumper drops to the floor.

I was planning to do a retrofit, but the design of the mounting is poor so I will just wire ballasts and HID bulbs into the halogen projectors. The Kizashi 3" projector is mounted on a floating 3"x3.5" opening. The only projector that might fit is the E55 since it looks like the OEM Kizashi projector.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
Minority

Don't know if these are available where you are (but the web is a wonderful tool for e-shopping). They are available in several colour temperatures up to about 5000k. They also have twin packs that include a couple of T10 globes for the parkers.

http://www.narva.com.au/products/browse ... nce-globes
AlexRuiz

I guess I need to leave my bulb changing intentions for a better time when I can spare more than just a few minutes.

I don't know if Suzuki intentionally designed the Kizashi to be hard to service, or if it was just omission. 2 of the most common tasks for maintenances (oil changes, bulb replacement) are harder than they should be.

Furthermore, in the bulbs case, the low beams are driven directly by battery voltage (through a relay) Not even with PWM voltage to help with bulb life. I wonder how they are doing it in the European market and its strict bulb life requirements.

Alex
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT