CVT Fluid Drain and Fill w/ Filters Replacement

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
SAEED_KIZZY

according to https://partsouq.com/ website, there are 2 types of filter:
26572-54LR0 for 2010-2011 models
26572-57LR0 for 2012-2013 models

my car is 2013 so I ordered the second one but unfortunately, I can not confirm its compatibility because I don't change it yet.
Quimicax

SAEED_KIZZY wrote:according to https://partsouq.com/ website, there are 2 types of filter:

my car is 2013 so I ordered the second one but unfortunately, I can not confirm its compatibility because I don't change it yet.

Originally they are only 2
26572-54LR0 Is For 2010-2011 Without TSB Pan Change
And Another Is 26572-57LR0 2012-2013 And For Kizashi With TSB Pan Change

but my real question is Aftermarket Like FK-409 which is different from the factory in the fluid inlet position and height not affect the transmission temp?
Kizashi GTS 2013 AWD
DRL Off / Foglights Without Headlights

Ford Explorer Sport 2013
350Rwhp

Nissan Xtrail 2017
SAEED_KIZZY

Quimicax wrote:
SAEED_KIZZY wrote:according to https://partsouq.com/ website, there are 2 types of filter:

but my real question is Aftermarket Like FK-409 which is different from the factory in the fluid inlet position and height not affect the transmission temp?
I saw FK-409 at the start of this thread by @Ronzuki but personally I always go for OEM parts.
Quimicax

SAEED_KIZZY wrote:
Quimicax wrote:

I saw FK-409 at the start of this thread by @Ronzuki but personally I always go for OEM parts.
Very few replacement filters compete with the quality of an OEM product but my real concern is the difference and how it can affect
Kizashi GTS 2013 AWD

Ford Explorer Sport 2013
350Rwhp

Nissan Xtrail 2017
Ronzuki

If your transmission is not deteriorating, You can clean and reuse the pan mesh screen filter. There's nothing special about it really. I cleaned the original pan filter with brake cleaner and still have it. There were zero metal flake in the thing and the mesh inside appears to me to be of better quality. In my mind, the Mitsu cartridge filter is the more important of the two to change (assuming no flake in the pan). The cartridge should be catching anything finer than the pan strainer can catch.

Advanced Auto's website specifically states that the pan filter I used does not fit 2012-2013 model years. For 2012-13 I believe your only choice is the OE filter...likely something to due with that pan change Suzuki made. IDK.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
old tech

Just to add to this. The updated pan used on the 2012 and up Kizashi transmission was actually just a 2010 Altima pan. In the 2012 and 13 Kizashi you can use the Altima filter. It is the correct depth however the inlet is placed a half of an inch forward. The difference in inlet is to counter tilt. Now they did have an updated dipstick which not many of them got. TImage The updated dipstick has cuts instead of holes in them to show correct levels. The levels were actually raised in an effort to hide noise I believe an eighth of an inch higher. If fluid is kept in proper level this change in the filter will not be any problem. The big mistake you can make is putting in the short filter with the deep pain. If the fluid happens to go even a little low this can cause cavitation or starvation. All this being said I usually just give my filters a good cleaning and reuse them unless if they were damaged somehow or won’t come clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quimicax

Ronzuki wrote:If your transmission is not deteriorating, You can clean and reuse the pan mesh screen filter. There's nothing special about it really. I cleaned the original pan filter with brake cleaner and still have it. There were zero metal flake in the thin and the mesh inside appears to me to be of better quality. I my mind, the Mitsu cartridge filter is the more important of the two to change (assuming no flake in the pan). The cartridge should be catching anything finer than the pan strainer can catch.

Advanced autos website specifically states that the pan filter I used does not fit 2012-2013 model years. For 2012-13 I believe your only choice is the OE filter...likely something to due with that pan change Suzuki made. IDK.

That is a very good clarification as I have a 2013 I saw the difference in the filters was as you mentioned in previous posts the 2012-2013 use deeper entries
Kizashi GTS 2013 AWD

Ford Explorer Sport 2013
350Rwhp

Nissan Xtrail 2017
Quimicax

old tech wrote:Just to add to this. The updated pan used on the 2012 and up Kizashi transmission was actually just a 2010 Altima pan. In the 2012 and 13 Kizashi you can use the Altima filter. It is the correct depth however the inlet is placed a half of an inch forward. The difference in inlet is to counter tilt. Now they did have an updated dipstick which not many of them got. TImage The updated dipstick has cuts instead of holes in them to show correct levels. The levels were actually raised in an effort to hide noise I believe an eighth of an inch higher. If fluid is kept in proper level this change in the filter will not be any problem. The big mistake you can make is putting in the short filter with the deep pain. If the fluid happens to go even a little low this can cause cavitation or starvation. All this being said I usually just give my filters a good cleaning and reuse them unless if they were damaged somehow or won’t come clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that was my point in my country it is difficult to get parts of suzuki but many of Nissan appear I can simply use a nissan filter with a deeper entry :mrgreen:
Kizashi GTS 2013 AWD

Ford Explorer Sport 2013
350Rwhp

Nissan Xtrail 2017
Ronzuki

I'd just clean and reuse your original as OT has mentioned. I kept my original and thoroughly cleaned it after completing the service and installing the AA aftermarket one. if I ever drop the pan again, the original one is going back in.
Ron

Ronzuki

old tech wrote:Just to add to this. The updated pan used on the 2012 and up Kizashi transmission was actually just a 2010 Altima pan. In the 2012 and 13 Kizashi you can use the Altima filter. It is the correct depth however the inlet is placed a half of an inch forward. The difference in inlet is to counter tilt. Now they did have an updated dipstick which not many of them got. The updated dipstick has cuts instead of holes in them to show correct levels. The levels were actually raised in an effort to hide noise I believe an eighth of an inch higher. If fluid is kept in proper level this change in the filter will not be any problem. The big mistake you can make is putting in the short filter with the deep pan. If the fluid happens to go even a little low this can cause cavitation or starvation. All this being said I usually just give my filters a good cleaning and reuse them unless if they were damaged somehow or won’t come clean.
OT, do you believe that this 'update' was, in anyway, truly beneficial to the life of the trans? (assuming more regular maintenance is done). In other words, do you think this was an attempt to gain a little more life out of a unit that was barely sized correctly (even slightly undersized) for installation in the Kizashi, as opposed to the unit being installed in the SX4?

I'd also like to clarify whether or not the pan's bolt pattern's are different between the newer model trans and the 2010s (and/or the deeper Altima pan). There are two different OE pan gaskets listed as well for the Kizashi each w/ different hole patterns indicating a slight change in the case's casting between model years.
Ron