Help identify

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Cw3750

My scanner says my speed sensor has went out which is causing my car to go into "safety mode" however i cannot find a single image or diagram for this transmission. Can someone post a picture if a removed sensor so i know if the one i have is correct? Thank you for any help
old tech

I can tell you which sensor is which but I cant send a picture or diagram . The output shaft speed sensor is mounted externally on the top side of transmission at throttle body area and hiding under the big wiring harness. There should only be one shim , or washer on its mounting bolt for depth setting . The input shaft speed sensor is on the front of the unit under the tin harness stay . I havent run in to either of these failing but its possible .Try to include model year, miles and trouble codes for the most accurate guesses here .
Cw3750

my apologies, its a 2012 kazashi se, code is p0717 and p0716. finding any kind of information on this car has been difficult. i found one video that showed the vss behind the drivers side front wheel just on top of the transmission. after removing the part it just doesnt look like what should be the sensor. i tried to upload a photo on here but it wont work. basically ita a piece held in by two tamper proof star screws. it has about for metal prongs on it, sorry if none of this makes sense. this is my first venture with a japanese car and im completely at a loss on it.
KuroNekko

Some sites offer parts diagrams like this that show where the component is located:
https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya- ... y-3790244#
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Cw3750

thank you that was exactly what i needed. led me right to what i was looking for. i really appreciate it.
old tech

Input speed sensor or wiring. If you need a sensor, there shouldnt be any shortage of these things as the jf011e is used in many other models and at least the sx4 I know, these sensors are exactly the same. If you cant come up with one easily, Id be happy to send you a known good one free if you pay the shipping.
SAEED_KIZZY

Cw3750 wrote:thank you that was exactly what i needed. led me right to what i was looking for. i really appreciate it.
If you not sure about sensor malfunction these 2 document help you to diagnose problem.
p0717.pdf
(301.53 KiB) Downloaded 596 times
p0716.pdf
(299.51 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
[Ref]https://avnet.ws/kizashi/Xml/SAW10A/