Windshield Wiper Blades

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
TObject

I put these on my Kizashi today:

Bosch ICON 424A – driver side
Bosch ICON 420B – passenger side

The stock wiper blades lasted about six months (which is as expected). We'll see how well the new ones will work. I decided to put the part numbers up, as looking up parts for Kizashi in parts stores so far is not very advanced.

Any 20” and 24” wiper blades replacements with 9x3 hook should work.
TheHolyGhost

Have you had any rain yet? How do they do?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
TObject

They work very well. Quiet too. About one inch of the outermost part on the passenger side looses contact with the most curved section towards the side of the vehicle (this is something that would not be noticed unless closely examined).

Perhaps somebody can try 420C instead of 420B for the passenger side; for better coverage, but risking more streaking in the middle. But 420C are hard to find, most stores just carry A and B.

The driver side 424A is perfect.
Schuzuki

I used the 420A on the passenger side. Not sure what the differences are, but they seem to work as designed and don't have issues with freezing up and clogging after driving in snow.
TObject

After two weeks of use unfortunately I can not recommend Bosch ICON wiper blades for our vehicles. In addition to the far end of the passenger side wiper lifting off the windshield, a much more troubling problem developed – the middle of the driver side wiper collapses onto windshield on the down stroke, which causes smudging.
TheHolyGhost

Good to know. Sorry they've been disappointing. Sucks to sink money into a disappointing product.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
JDReichert

I replaced my factory blades with GoodYear blades from Costco for $7.85 per blade and they work great. They are very smooth and do not leave streeks or un-wiped areas. Living in the Pacific Northwest in the winter, you need GOOD wipers. We have 35 to 40 inches of rain a year but very little snow.

Jerry 2010 SLS, 1983 BMW 633CSi, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL
Sarahlu03

On every other vehicle I use RainX wipers, I need to get some new ones for my Kizashi soon, as all the ice/snow/rain/sleet we've had here in Indiana is wearing mine down uber fast! Has anyone tried the RainX blades?!? I don't want to waste the money if they won't work properly... Thanks :)
alarman

Purchased the rainx latitudes for my aerio and trailblazer and do not like them. The do not hold to the glass very well at highway speeds. Water pulls back from the a piller on the down swipe. They only lasted about 3 months (spring). I would not advise purchasing them. They are a waste of money.
gmoney91

I had the Rain X blades. I never had any problems. The Bosch Icon blades are a little better quality though. I recommend those if you're looking to get top notch wiper blades.