Kizashi Full Service Manual

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
ragmopp

I am stumped. I downloaded the file from the site and extracted the files (winrar), and then moved everything to a cd as Ronsuki stated. Reloaded the cd and it brought up my browser with the manual. After choosing the Kisashi it then brought up a page that had the outline of the manual but absolutely no information. I am missing something here. Can someone help?
babacu

I think you need to start it with IE (your default browser might be different). It appears to be using some ActiveX controls for search and navigation.
ragmopp

Thanks, but that did not seem to work. I use Firefox, so for this test I made IE my default browser. Didn't work, as I got a new window and 'Top Page' and a blank screen...Unless, I needed to do the whole thing in IE?
JDReichert

Will, I downloaded to entire file, took 20 min. but do not know what to do with it now. Can someone provide some details. I'm 75 years old and not a computer person. My computer has jZip and that says it can handle rar files.
Thanks in advance.
Jerry 2010 SlS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1983 BMW 633CSi
Ronzuki

JD..I'll give it a try here...
double click the .rar file. Your PCs config may just go ahead and run jZip to open the file. If not you'll probably need to associate the file type .rar to the jZip application in order to 'open' it. Next there should be some way in jZip to 'extract' (decompress) the files to your hard drive. There's probably some help within jZip to assist in that regard.

I was not able to 'run' the extracted files from my hard drive, most likely because my config wasn't allowing the ActiveX control to run, as was mentioned earlier, so I just copied the entire extracted mess directly on to a CD exactly as it had been placed on the hardrive by the decompression utility (in your case jZip). Once on the CD, it will auto run once the CD is put into the drive. The Active X may still need to be allowed to run the application because it does use your browser to navigate through the manual. I use Internet Explorer 7.
Files & folders on hard drive that you need to copy to the CD:

There was an additional Word doc written in some unknown-to-me language that I deleted. I'm certain there's others here a little more savy than I that could chime in as well. HTH
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
babacu

ragmopp wrote:Thanks, but that did not seem to work. I use Firefox, so for this test I made IE my default browser. Didn't work, as I got a new window and 'Top Page' and a blank screen...Unless, I needed to do the whole thing in IE?
I think your security settings prevent ActiveX controls from running. You should have gotten a notification bar at the top of the screen, saying that IE prevented some scripts or ActiveX controls from running.

Try opening Service manual Kizashi\XML\SAW10A\INDEX.HTML in an IE window (this is where the English manual is). You'll see something (the first page at least) in the right frame. In the left frame you should see a tree structure with the content, if everything's running properly. If not, click on the yellowish notification bar at the top of the page and choose the "allow blocked content" option.

HTH.
ragmopp

Thank you all...As I use FF exclusively I haven't bothered doing anything with IE since I bought my computer. And as mentioned my Active X controls were disabled. Once they were enabled then the info in the manual was available. With one problem. Just glancing at some of the topics I notice that some of the pictures are just a blank screen with a box around where the picture should be. Is this something else I am missing?

With the exception of that it works fine, I just need to remember to make IE my default browser each time I need to look at the manual. I don't like IE.

Thanks again...
jbarral

The blank pictures error does not occur if you use IE. In addition to that, you have to permit the ActiveX content in the IE Advanced Options. I had the same problems and I fixed it doing that.

In IE open Tools->Internet Options->Advanced and search for "Security" scrolling down, then enable the "allow the active content to run... blah blah"

Saddly this Manual does not work well with any other browser than IE.
Suzuki Kizashi LTD, 2011
ragmopp

Well, still no go. I can't seem to get the pictures to show. However, I tried it on my wife's laptop and it works ok. I will have to delve into why this is happening. There must be a setting somewhere that is causing this to fail. As this might not be the only time I have to use IE for something like this I will need to figure it out. But at this point, as long as I CAN access the manual, I am happy. Thanks for your help.
JDLKizzy

Has anyone been able to get their hands on the service manual for the 2011 yet?
2011 Sport GTS 6-MT
Platinum Silver