Interested in swapping your R/F Head unit for my Kenwood???

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Saiko

I just bought an SLS. I had hoped to find one WITHOUT GPS/DVD, but no dealer in the midwest ordered one in the color I wanted. While the functionality is nice, I just do not care for the look and it kills me to have had to pay $1400 for something I just do not need.
So, I am looking for someone who might be interested in trading Cash and their Rockford Fosgate head unit for my Factory Kenwood unit. I assume that I will be able to have my unit professionally removed and replaced at the same time, so I am hoping someone is willing to work with me here on the details.
Thanks
metatrox

How much cash you looking at?
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
Saiko

Depends upon how much it costs to remove the Kenwood unit and install the Rockford unit. I would attempt this myself, but don't have the time to invest in this kind of project.

That said, given that this unit is a $1400+ option through Suzuki and that it would cost someone that much or more to upgrade to an aftermarket Kenwood unit, I would likely start off by asking $999 plus their Rockford unit, or best offer. This would leave me several hundred left over after having a pro remove. To me this seems like a fair start given that someone gets a brand new factory Kenwood unit for a $500+ savings.

I would also consider selling the Kenwood unit for cash if I can fnd someone selling their Rockford Head unit. To me the hard part here is finding out exactly which cables need to be removed with the Kenwood unit (I assume just the USB/Ipod, but there may be others???)
lookin

dont want to step on your toes saiko but you should do some research at kenwood to see suzuki got a ridiculous markup on that unit which is actually an old unit from kenwood ...while newer and better units can be had for the money...
Saiko

Thanks for the input. I certainly may be aiming a bit high. While Suzuki is likely marking these up, the factory system includes installation as well as the camera /wiring/installation. THis part of the system cannot be easily removed so I am not offering to include it.

That said, I would certainly be interested in buying anybody's Rockford Fosgate head unit or will accept a reasonable offer to trade + cash
xwiredtva

The wiring for the camera is there in all models. So pulling the camera is a 20min job.