CVT fluid additive - anyone try this?

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
KlutzNinja

Anyone ever hear about this product? I first saw it on Amazon (for roughly the same price listed on NAPA) when looking for CVT fluids, and it “fits” the Kizashi. It seems like the CVT fluid equivalent of a fuel additive?
You can add it when doing a CVT fluid change, but apparently it also works okay with the fluid already in the car. Hmm.

I don’t think I’ll get it but I’m curious if anyone here has used something like this for their transmissions (I think automatics and manuals might have similar products). And I’m just genuinely interested in people’s takes on this sort of product. They seem too good to be true; a lot of benefits for a relatively low cost. From what I briefly read on Amazon, it’s generally well-regarded, but I’m wondering if there’s possibly a placebo effect here(?).
I’m also wondering, assuming it’s a legit product, if it might be good to use this for when you change the fluid for the very first time, but can do only one change, rather than the multiple changes in one go that Ronzuki made a thread about. The fluid would be “fresh” but the CVT innards would still be a little dirty, which this additive doesn’t seem to mind. Adding this with new fluid to a super clean CVT might be overkill…?

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_7655 ... coe_google

I don’t know where exactly this topic fits. Mods/admins, feel free to move this thread if need be. Thanks.
Attachments
280E43FF-871B-42C7-A48F-C50E591885D1.jpeg
280E43FF-871B-42C7-A48F-C50E591885D1.jpeg (204.09 KiB) Viewed 4149 times
40D846A2-8588-4C0F-B38D-2C26AFD6A870.jpeg
40D846A2-8588-4C0F-B38D-2C26AFD6A870.jpeg (227.06 KiB) Viewed 4149 times
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
Woodie

Almost any additive is snake oil. Buy quality, name brand fluids and leave it at that. Maybe a bottle of Techron in your gas every 30K miles but other than that, they're bullshit.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Eh, I'll defer to a pro about how things like this really work but I believe that if one changes the specified fluid at proper intervals, they never need additives like this. While I use products to flush and clean at times (like radiator flush or fuel system cleaners), I'm quite weary of additives that "stabilize" or "enhance" existing fluid. The red flag here is that this product is marketed to improve old CVT fluid yet instructions state for best results, change the fluid and filter to new. Shouldn't that itself make the most difference?
I think the only usage of this product that makes sense is if someone already has a compromised CVT and needs it to make it a little while longer with minimal effort and cost. I'm not sure of what actual difference it will make but for those who want to keep their car long term, proper fluid changes and repairs are what matter, not some additive.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)