Brake job

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
SAEED_KIZZY

problem: steering shakes when I hit the brake pedal especially when the rotor is hot.
History: last year I bought 2 front rotors (OE) and install those after 3 months in summer I guess, I noticed a steering shake when I pressed the brake pedal I changed the passenger side rotor with the old one, and the shaking stopped. last week I took rotor to shop to repair and resurfaced the rotor then install it on my car with new brake pad also.
I am planning to do the same for the driver's side too.
and I noticed the caliper boot is worn but not much so I decided to leave it alone for now.
rotor thickness after resurfacing: 26mm[1.02 in] (24mm[0.94 in] is the limit)
Tightening torque
Front brake caliper carrier bolt (a): 155 N·m (15.8 kg-m, 114.5 lbf-ft)
1 - Copy.jpg
1 - Copy.jpg (26.11 KiB) Viewed 3165 times
Front brake caliper pin bolt (a): 34 N·m (3.5 kg-m, 25.0 lbf-ft)
2.jpg
2.jpg (32.93 KiB) Viewed 3165 times
and some pics
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
photo_2022-03-03_19-01-51.jpg
photo_2022-03-03_19-01-55.jpg
photo_2022-03-03_19-02-00.jpg
photo_2022-03-03_19-02-05.jpg
Abdullah

Nicely done

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

KuroNekko

Nice photos. I had issues with my OE rotors many years ago after I think I overheated them on a mountain pass. They vibrated with brake pressure which indicated warping. Instead of resurfacing, I replaced all four rotors with aftermarket slotted rotors which have been superior in performance. At my next brake change, I plan to replace the rotors and will go aftermarket again. I don't think the OE rotors are up to the task of demanding braking and there are better aftermarket options for cheaper than OE.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SAEED_KIZZY

Abdullah wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:35 pm Nicely done Image

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
Thanks
KuroNekko wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:03 pm Nice photos. I had issues with my OE rotors many years ago after I think I overheated them on a mountain pass. They vibrated with brake pressure which indicated warping. Instead of resurfacing, I replaced all four rotors with aftermarket slotted rotors which have been superior in performance. At my next brake change, I plan to replace the rotors and will go aftermarket again. I don't think the OE rotors are up to the task of demanding braking and there are better aftermarket options for cheaper than OE.
Yes, I agree unfortunately there is no aftermarket rotor available here so I have to repair besides the rotor was brand new. I hope it works fine in the summer.