few quick questions

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Obama_is_hot6

Hi, I recently bought a sport gts and was going to switch my heated leather seats from my sls into my gts, I have seen one post talking about this but it never finished and has since stopped being posted or updated so ill ask my question here. How difficult is it to get the heated seat option to work? because the hardware is there, wires, button placements everything... but is it as simple as taking out the old one and plugging in the new one? cuz on my gts dashboard the heated seats buttons are blank caps and im worried I will have to custom wire the function in ie. soldering. curious if anyone has done this before, thanks!

also while im here my volume button is broken on my steering wheel, is there any video or post that talks about how to crack it open to replace it? im sure its not a wiring issue and just a broken button, which i do have a backup of so im ready to go.

thanks again :)
YUUUURT
old tech

You will just need the Sls heater control panel because the control switches are mounted in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obama_is_hot6

old tech wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:58 am You will just need the Sls heater control panel because the control switches are mounted in it.

yeah i got all that stuff, i have a second kizashi that is a sls so i can take whatever parts and swap them over
YUUUURT
SAEED_KIZZY

Obama_is_hot6 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:14 am also while im here my volume button is broken on my steering wheel, is there any video or post that talks about how to crack it open to replace it? im sure its not a wiring issue and just a broken button, which i do have a backup of so im ready to go.

thanks again :)
to replace the control buttons you need to remove the steering wheel and disassemble it. it's not that hard a job, two 10mm bolts to remove the airbag and one 17mm( I guess) for the steering wheel also you may need a steering wheel puller tool.
I did a similar procedure to add a paddle shifter this post may helps good luck.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5465
bdleonard

Obama_is_hot6 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:14 am Hi, I recently bought a sport gts and was going to switch my heated leather seats from my sls into my gts, I have seen one post talking about this but it never finished and has since stopped being posted or updated so ill ask my question here. How difficult is it to get the heated seat option to work? because the hardware is there, wires, button placements everything... but is it as simple as taking out the old one and plugging in the new one? cuz on my gts dashboard the heated seats buttons are blank caps and im worried I will have to custom wire the function in ie. soldering. curious if anyone has done this before, thanks!
I did it quite a while back on my entirely manual cloth seat car. All the info should be here, but if you have questions let me know:
Heated Power Seat Installation
old tech

Before swapping seats around , you may want to get both your passenger seat recalls done and ask service dept nicely for the take offs so later when the driver pads shrinks/rips or heat grid fails you can put the take off passenger pad on the driver to fix.
Obama_is_hot6

old tech wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:46 am Before swapping seats around , you may want to get both your passenger seat recalls done and ask service dept nicely for the take offs so later when the driver pads shrinks/rips or heat grid fails you can put the take off passenger pad on the driver to fix.
sure but what is the 'take offs'
YUUUURT
old tech

Suzuki wants to give you the whole seat bottom as a campaign. The original passenger seat bottom can be used to fix up your driver side . The driver seat cushion, fabric, and or heater element. Drivers much more likely to wear out for obvious reasons.

Obama_is_hot6

old tech wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:13 pm Suzuki wants to give you the whole seat bottom as a campaign. The original passenger seat bottom can be used to fix up your driver side . The driver seat cushion, fabric, and or heater element. Drivers much more likely to wear out for obvious reasons.

oh cool i had no idea, thanks. but sadly i already got my seat recall done on the leather heated seat
YUUUURT