how to swap heated steats

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Obama_is_hot6

hey, i know how to swap the entire seats themselfs but i was wondering if its possible to swap specifically the heated seat portion. because my tan leather heated steat's (also powered) airbags blew meaning i cant use the entire seat. and the black cloth seats (non powered) in my current kizashi doesnt have heated seats.

so if i could get any help that would be much appreciated
Attachments
andre car.jpg
andre car 2.jpg
YUUUURT
SAEED_KIZZY

heated seat pads are glued to the seat cushion if you remove them probably you can install them on your new seat with wiring and controller. but you lose the power seat! maybe it's better to put an airbag and cushion from non-powered seat to a power seat this way you have it all.
Obama_is_hot6

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:06 am heated seat pads are glued to the seat cushion if you remove them probably you can install them on your new seat with wiring and controller. but you lose the power seat! maybe it's better to put an airbag and cushion from non-powered seat to a power seat this way you have it all.
I dont think i can switch the airbag, thats a little advanced for ne. Plus id have to hire someone to stitch it up. Also the non powered steat is the one im keeping, the airbag blew on the powered one
YUUUURT
SAEED_KIZZY

there is a procedure in the service manual to replace seat airbags but if there is a liability reason and also assurance I guess you are right. but if you manage to disassemble both seats to replace the seat heater you can easily replace the airbag too it's just 2 bolts both projects are fun to do ;)
Obama_is_hot6

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:34 am there is a procedure in the service manual to replace seat airbags but if there is a liability reason and also assurance I guess you are right. but if you manage to disassemble both seats to replace the seat heater you can easily replace the airbag too it's just 2 bolts both projects are fun to do ;)
oh cool i didnt know it was that straight forward, i wonder if it worth it to do becuase when the airbag blew it bent and damaged the rear plastic covering and busted all the stitching on it. but thats cool tho thanks for sharing
YUUUURT