HID conversion

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
ale3to

Do you know if projection headlights take the same kind of bulb like regular reflection headlights for the HID convertion kit?
Triggerhappy

The Kizashi projector takes an H7 bulb. If you order a conversion kit, choose the H7 one, but I would not recommend these kits. You'll get the best output if you replace the H7 with a projector made for HID. I've taken mine apart several times and the projector is similar to the E55 projector. The Kizashi projector is mounted on a floating bracket for the turn signal so it might be hard to mount a different projector. I have a D2S bulbs in my H7 projectors using an H7 adapter and 35W ballasts and there's not much of an improvement. I wish I would have gotten the 50w ballasts.
This is what I recommend:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... cts_id=170
50W ballasts, H7 4300k for best output, higher K if you want more blue, less light, relay H7 harness. $155
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
babacu

Thanks a lot for this info and the link. I was hoping something like this would exist. Now I might think seriously about going this route...

I just paid $59 (plus tax) for the second pair of "high performance" halogens (nighthawk, the first pair was silverlight ultra) in less than a year, so that's definitely not the way to go in the long run.
~tc~

You need to check the voltage drop to the headlight. If the voltage is too low, the vaporized filament will not redeposit and you will burn through bulbs very quickly. It is a common problem on the old Toyota trucks we use for off roading.

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks ... oltageTest
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic