Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
 #47577  by Tom Kizzie
 Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:18 pm
Back from Holiday:

So I went on holiday to austria..have driven about 3600km @ average of 7.3 l/100km (32.2 us mpg / about 38 uk mpg). The kizashi did a good job. Its dirty now so gonna clean the car @ daytime. 8-)

pic @ gurk austria after 3000km:
 #47637  by Tom Kizzie
 Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:35 pm
Replaced the sparkplugs today with NGK-R irridium (SILFR6A11*5468*). The kizzie has 121000km on the odo and I dont know when/or they are done previously. These type irridiums are ment for 100000km as far as I know.
Also ordered some filters&oil but I am waiting for the oil. 8-)
 #48167  by Tom Kizzie
 Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:40 pm
Yesterday I replaced a "festoon" bulblight from the licence plate. It works fine now but its not in exact same spot as the one on the other side...normal????
I also orderd some festoonLEDs from the WWW but it takes to much time to receive these.
 #48168  by KuroNekko
 Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:33 pm
Tom Kizzie wrote:Yesterday I replaced a "festoon" bulblight from the licence plate. It works fine now but its not in exact same spot as the one on the other side...normal????
I also orderd some festoonLEDs from the WWW but it takes to much time to receive these.

Festoon bulbs come in a range of sizes. The holder in the housing works like a spring so it will hold a range of sizes if similar enough but is specified for a certain size. Perhaps this is why your bulb isn't positioned like the other one.
I've replaced both of mine to LEDs years ago with some I bought in Japan. They work great but are a little too bright for the purpose and illuminate the road behind the bumper. It's because the ones I got were intended for interior lighting.

One thing I can say from experience is that it pays to get name-brand quality LEDs. The cheap ones flicker and junk out over a short period of time. The name brand ones have consistent performance for years.
 #48184  by Tom Kizzie
 Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:54 pm
Thnx 4 your message. The bulb is the same size. It took 2 minutes to come to the bulb but 15minutes of impatience to replace so when the new bulb was 'stuck" and it worked i was satisfied but then i saw that the bulb on the other side was further back (when you look if trunk closed). When i stand @ the back of the car with lights on it isn"t really noticable so no problem i guess.
 #48202  by Tom Kizzie
 Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:17 pm
Today i"ve changed the engine oil and filter.
- open hood
- jack up the car (i used a hydraulic floorjack max 2500kg and then lay an old wheel under the car for security)
- take socket wrench with 10mm socket (6bolts on the plastic panel passenger side))
- place pan/bucket under car and take socket wrench with 14mm for drainplug (watch out you don"t lose the copper ring behind it)
- removed oil filter by hand (from above)
- place drainplug back and also new oil filter with a smal film of oil on the rubber gasket of the filter
- Fill up with. Run engine 2 minutes then stop and check oil level . Fill little xtra if needed.
- place back the plastic panel

*you can remove oil cap to drain 1% faster/better ...... i forgot

I used 5W40 oil because this was used last oil change by previous owner and offcourse also did my homework. Depending my experiences i will stay with it or go to 5W30. I will change once a year .. around 15k km / 9k miles