The North Remembers (Suzuki)

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
CasualKizashi

Hello everyone. Just bought at 2011 Kizashi SLS. Super excited, this is the first nice car I've owned. It's a beauty and loaded with features as you all well know. If anyone has and tips or tricks for this model year and level please let me know! Hope everyone is having a good fall.

Casual Kizashi, Vancouver, Canada.
Tom Kizzie

Welcome!

Do you have pics of the car?
;)
kizashi 6mt black
KuroNekko

Welcome.
Is yours an AWD? I assume so given you are in Canada and Sport SLS' with a 6 speed manual are ultra rare. My advice? Service that CVT ASAP and get all new fluid in that transmission. Higher mileage CVTs are starting to fail, perhaps due to an ill-advised official "non-service" recommendation by the manufacturer. CVTs are starting to fail prematurely now (but out of warranty) and Suzuki has since altered their service recommendations for the CVT yet managed to get off the hook for many due to mileage.

On the contrary, manual transmission models don't have many issues for LHD models. Honestly, the biggest issue I have with my 2011 Sport GTS with the 6 speed manual after 90,000 miles is the quality of the paint job. The black paint chips and nicks way too easily. My car looks beat compared to other makes with similar mileage due to this despite my above-average attention to detailing and care for the finish. :cry:
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)