How to debadge the 2012 suzuki Kizashi in detail.

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
the edge

Hello all. I just purchased a 2012 Kizashi. Can anyone tell me in detail how to debadge in detail without paint damage. Is anything actually "drilled" in? Thanks
Moto
Site Admin

Everything on the back should just come off. The front S should probably be left alone since it is molded into the grill...

All the badges on the Kizashi are stuck on with adhesive.
Generic Debaging Procedure
  • What You Need
  • 3M Adhesive Remover
  • Dental Tape/Floss or fishing line
  • Hair Dryer or Heat Gun
  • Microfiber Towel
  • Polishing Compound
  • Wax
Step by Step
  • Wash the areas around the badges you want to remove; if the car needs a wash this is a good time to wash the car.
  • Heat up badge with hair dryer, test the amount of heat you are putting on the paint with your hand, you do not want to over heat the paint. If are removing lettering or numbering work on one character at a time. Heat for ten to fifteen seconds checking the heat the entire time.
  • Spray 3M adhesive remover on badge, hold a cloth below the badge to keep the adhesive remover from dripping. (Do not use just any strong cleaner to do this it can permanently discolor your paint) Goo-gone=BAD IDEA. WD-40 would probably work if that is all you have.
  • Heat again for another five to ten seconds, again checking the heat.
  • Using the dental floss/tape. Pull the dental floss away from the car so that it is rubbing on the badge and not the car. If there is much resistance to the dental floss cutting the adhesive reheat and reapply 3M adhesive remover. Having a friend hold the badge helps so they do not go flying off. (Low test fishing line would work in place of floss)
  • With the badge off you now have to deal with the leftover adhesive. Carefully try to peel off the corner, if there is much resistance, reapply heat and 3M adhesive remover. Slowly peel the adhesive off; be careful not to scratch the paint when removing adhesive.
  • Use a wet wash mitt or towel to clean the dirt that you could not get before, when clean dry the area.
  • Stand back and admire your work.
Slightly modified from http://www.wikihow.com/Debadge-Your-Car

If you debadge your car feel free to post pictures here so others can see what it looks like. (use the upload tab under the main text box area)
the edge

Thankyou so much! Worked like a charm my friend. ;)
Trailboss

Is it really that difficult for some of these badges to be removed?Image
Just rocking a plastic spatula from side to side "walked" my badges off pretty effortlessly, left no marring, and the adhesive rolled off under fingertip pressure.
FrankoLaMoya

Did you remove the rear S??
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
murcod

The rear S is easy to get off. No holes or anything underneath, only double sided tape.
David
Kiz224

Thanks for tips. I'd like to remove the "S" from the back of my 2012 Kizzy, but I'm a bit scared to try it. And, maybe cloor the front "S" like this guy did. My car is Azzure Gray. Douglas. St. Louis Park, MN
Attachments
Front.JPG
Front.JPG (58.07 KiB) Viewed 7009 times
Northernstar

The rear is easy, use a hair dryer to heat it up and use dental floss or whatever to remove it.