Aus Syd, new member/owner

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
desertsyd

Hi all,

Recently bought a 2010 Kizashi XL here in Sydney, only seen one other on the road. Hopefully others will realize just how good of a car it is.
Wonson92

FINALLY! Someone else from Sydney! Where abouts are you from? Welcome.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
murcod

:) Welcome. I see a few on the roads around Adelaide, but I don't think too many owners bother looking for forums like this.
David
coref1

I'm from Sydney. Bought a 2012 Prestige CVT in September. Done almost 6000 enjoyable klms so far.
Wonson92

And then there were 3!! what part of sydney are you from? I saw two kizashis today, first time ive seen more than one in the same week.
2011 Premium Silver XL

coref1

I'm from Campbelltown. I regularly see a silver xl version parked at Campbelltown cbd and I've also seen a white Kizashi driving around the Currans Hill- Narellan area. A definite underrated car. Even a salesman from a Honda dealer told me how he was impressed with handling of the Kizashi.
Wonson92

Nice, I live in Hornsby, about 20minutes from the beginning of the m7. I go to Wollongong pretty much every weekend but I've never seen one down there at all.

I can strongly recommend introducing the kizashi to the grand pacific drive if you havnt already :) best car I've taken down it easily.
2011 Premium Silver XL

coref1

Just saw another Kizashi at Campbelltown. It was driving away from me so couldn't get a good look but it was mineral grey the same as mine and looked pretty new.
I go to the Gong a fair bit as well, the GP drive would be good in the Kizashi. last weekend I came back from berry via Kangaroo Valley and at the bottom of the valley heading up a Golf type R came up behind me and overtook on a small stretch of double lane road. I thought it would be interesting to see how the Kizzy went against the R so hit the pedal. I ended up following the R up past Bundanoon. A lot of the time we were stuck behind slower cars but part of the way up the valley and beyond we had open road to play on. Not sure if the R driver was pushing as hard as me but was defineately playing. I was surprised that the R was never able to get away from Kizzy especially through corners. It seemed to have a bit more low down out of corners but not too much. In terms of handling, steering and braking the Kizzy's pretty high up the order.
Wonson92

I've been pretty surprised by the cars it can keep up with and even get around, specially when you throw in corners. I'm not sure what the cvt is like when you flog it, i test drove one but barely got over 60 and bought the 6sp. My mates got a VZ SV6 and it kept up perfectly with him up until about 140-150 (not that i often drive at those speeds) killed him in the corners completely, but then he modded it a fair bit and now keeping up is a little harder:P but still impressed to keep up with the stock 191kw v6. Are you planning on keeping yours stock?
2011 Premium Silver XL

coref1

The cvt probably performs better then it's given credit for especially with the paddle shifts in the prestige and awd version. The sound and effect it gives is probably the most off putting thing. I modified the suspension on the car that the Kizashi replaced which is a 2000 Camry Touring. Whiteline sway bars, sportsryder springs etc. Made it handle much better but compromised the relliability a bit which sought of defeats the purpose of buying a Toyota. The Kizashi has slightly more intial roll but overall I'm pretty happy with it as it is so probably won't change anything. If Suzuki put a bit more grunt in the awd version that would have me interested.