Aus Syd, new member/owner

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
Wonson92

I just fitted a whiteline bar but I wouldn't really recommend it. Works well but had to be altered too much for the price. Should have just fitted but needed cutting etc etc. Other than that it's great. They need to make the awd with the 6sp.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
coref1

If my wife could use a manual I'd be looking at one as well. Seems a bit strange the sports version doesn't have a manual. Normally the other way around. I'm forever replacing the D blocks on my Camry Whiteline bars.
Wonson92

Oh really? Were they wearing or breaking? I've been checking mine pretty often so far.

I guess autos more convenient but I'm a manual fanboy so I just put up with it, I figured if I can handle Sydney cbd without going insane chances are ill be fine with manuals. What other problems were you getting with the Camry? The only other part I'm looking for for the kizashi is a strut brace to work with the sway bar. Other than that it's already well set up. Could be lower but only for looks really.
2011 Premium Silver XL

coref1

Mostly wearing but recently the whole passenger side mount broke on a drive to the Blue mountains. I'm no mechanic so I'm probably not 100% correct but not long after putting on the sportsryder springs a bit of a rear strut broke and was hanging down. I had to replace both rear struts. I've also got a ongoing bump noise from the front drivers side wheel when I mainly turn right. The same wheel also seems to squeel like it's loosing traction with very little corner speed. I've had it to the mechanic numerous times but they can't work out what it is.
Wonson92

I had my mounts reinforced so hopefully that works. The tyres aren't hitting the guard or something stupid I presume? Were you the first owner of the car? I thought sports Ryder would be fine but presuming it's not a pre existing thing it sounds like most things that come coupled with lowering springs.

Ive had numerous bad experiences on the bells line going through the mountains, the kizashi included. I swear that area is just cursed.
2011 Premium Silver XL

coref1

The mechanic thinks it's something flexing causing the noise but time will tell. I've owned the car since new.
Interesting you say that about he Bells road cause a few years back I hit a roo in the Camry at night on that road. Just jumped out of the bush right into the front of the car. Luckily it was reasonably low speed so not much damage.
Just arrived back from my annual family get together on the Central Coast and turns out the daughter of one of my cousins owns a Kizashi as well. Had it for about 12 months, a Prestige version and makes the same comment a lot of us seem to make in that the more she drives it the more she likes it.
Wonson92

My experiences are:
a) Hit a roo (not driving, fathers R31 Skyline)
b) Blew an oil pump (again not driving, brothers EB falcon)
c) had a couch fall off into the front of my car (WL statesman)
d) Power steering failure (Statesman)
e) hit a stopped car at 80kmh going over a crest. 3 car pile up as a result (06 Kia Cerato)
f) air intake clasp broke off (Cerato - easy cable tie fix luckily)
g) most recently, after my 1000km service, my suzuki dealer didnt replace the coolant cap after filling it, picked it up the same day as i was driving through to mudgee, coolant spilt all through the radiator, hit the fans, went all through the engine, eventually emptied the canister causing overheating and some insane noises. Had to stay two nights in Lithgow. Suzuki accepted no fault and said any damage wouldnt be covered by warranty as i couldnt prove it was their fault, luckily no damage. (KIZASHI!)

and thats why i love bells line, all within the past 10 or so years/since i have been driving. I wish i had a relative with one, theyd be my new favourite family member
2011 Premium Silver XL

coref1

All i can sayis wow! I used to love that road but maybe I'll steer clear. I went to Mudgee recently as well in the Kizashi. Good drive up there but luckily I went via Katoomba. Can I ask who the Dealer was? Not that it probably makes much difference your've got to watch them all.
Wonson92

Haha, yea, I still love the road though, i refuse to go any other way. My parents have a property in hargraves so i go pretty often.

Dealer is Hornsby, the guys there are pretty nice and so far have treated me well minus that, i was really dissapointed with they way they handled it. Im guessing a warranty claim would be a huge hassle. NRMA ended up covering the costs (long story).
2011 Premium Silver XL

coref1

I saw another Kizashi this afternoon parked at Campbelltown Mall. This one was a silver XLS with pink plates. More around here then I thought.