New

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
suzukifan21

Hi, new here and in the market for a new car, particularly a Kizashi. I think they'll be collector's items, what do you all think? Hoping to learn more about this car here. :)
Moto
Site Admin

They will be very rare, but I don't expect to see them be a collectors car any time in the near future.

My daily driver is a saab 92x aero. They only made 10,000 total and only about 4000 of the aeros. They still sell for less than a WRX which is an identical car mechanically. People just don't know about them.

If you want a collector I would hold out for a low miles used kizashi in a few years. You will probably be able to buy it off this web site. :)

If you just want a good daily driver get a kizashi now, and get some 3m coating on the paint an head lamps if you want it to stay in good shape. For now Suzuki is still making the kizashi so they aren't actually all that rare.
KuroNekko

Collector item? Never. A rewarding car to own? Very likely.

The car, like many Japanese cars, just doesn't have that collector appeal. It's not a limited number sports car and the brand isn't well respected in the US. However, Suzuki did manage to built a very nice car for the money.

If you find one that matches your desired options, color, trim, and price range, you should jump on it. That's what I did with mine. Very happy I did.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
fjroman2

It is rare that a car becomes a collectors item. I mentioned in another post that my parents had a Merkur Scorpio, which was a very good car that was manufactured only 3 years in the US. They enjoyed it for close to 15 years, but when they got rid of it...they got about $500 and it still drove fine.

Anyway...I jumped in...bought a new 2013 SLS. It is a very sharp, fun, well outfitted car. I got it for a great price (about $7.5k below sticker) and thus far I am very pleased. IMO, with the current rebates...it makes total sense to jump in and get one.
2013 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD - Premium Silver
Priors:
2007 Mazda 3S GTS
2004 VW Passat
1997 Nissan Pathfinder
2013 Honda Pilot (wife's vehicle)
chazyouwin

Great to hear. At 7.5 k under sticker, I'd buy another even just to put it away. I'm not really looking since it would be kind of hard to fit four Suzukis in our driveway (and we have two drivers). But 7.5k off? Sheesh.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.