might be a Kizashi owner

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
wyos10er

Hi all i don't own a Kizashi but i am looking at two 2010's. one is a gts at $13,700, and the other is a s at 11,500. there mileage is about the same does anyone know if the rockford fosgate sound system worth it? and does it support bluetooth audio streaming? (i have a droid razr m) lastly is there anything i should lookout for in these cars???
Galileo

Hi wyos10er! My first Kizashi was an S model which I traded for a GTS model a little over a year later (both 2010 models). I can tell you from experience that the Rockford Fosgate sound system is well worth the money. The standard sound system is fine but has no power to play at louder levels.

Also, I just happen to own a Motorola RAZR (Android Version 4.1.2)! The Bluetooth connection works just fine for calls as well as streaming music from apps such as Slacker Radio. I'm sure you're aware that the base audio system does not have Bluetooth capability.

The only thing I can advise you to look for is the tire wear on the cars you're considering. I did not pay attention when I bought my used GTS and had to replace the tires a year later. There are plenty of reviews of the Kizashi on the web, including YouTube and I'm sure you'll find most of it to be very positive.

I hope you become a new member of our club soon!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6-Speed Manual
Vivid Red
wyos10er

Thanks Galileo, is yours the cvt or manual?, the two im looking at are manuals.
KuroNekko

Hey welcome,

I have a manual if you have any questions regarding the transmission.
I have a 2011 GTS with the Rockford Fosgate. I love the stereo system. It has a very powerful bass that you can feel without it buzzing annoyingly like in many aftermarket systems. The bluetooth works very well though I have tried it on only Blackberry Bold and iPhone 5.

The Kizashi does not really have known problems. There were two recalls (both a while back). One was for the glove box and the other was supposedly for the belt tensioner (I don't know much about this recall). Both issues have been resolved.

If I were you, I'd get the GTS over the S. In your case, it's 2200 more but you are getting power seats, moonroof, RF stereo, fog lights, and 18 inch alloy wheels (among other things, I think). In the long run, you will be much happier with a GTS, I think. For the price, you get a lot of car.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Galileo

wyos10er wrote:Thanks Galileo, is yours the cvt or manual?, the two im looking at are manuals.
You're welcome! My GTS is a manual (the S was also). It's a nice gear box and the clutch is easy to use in traffic. It makes the car feel very eager and is fun to drive. Did you have any specific questions or concerns about the transmission?

Like KuroNekko stated, the GTS is a better value especially since you're asking about the Bluetooth. Plus, the one thing that annoyed me most about the S model was the lack of Cruise Control.

I know the S is Pearl White, what color is the GTS you're considering?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6-Speed Manual
Vivid Red
wyos10er

How sporty is it?, I'm comimg from a 02 gtp grand prix I understand I'm not going to have the power but I'd be OK with it if its fun to drive. Here's the link to the one I'm looking at
http://www.vandevere.com/web/iui/#_vehicle5405442
puckaveli

Ha, I just bought my 2013 GTS from there. I drove the red 2010 manual but got the 2013 since it ony had 2,000 miles on it.

If you don't already have a salesman, ask for Rich, he hooked me up big time on mine and doesn't try to bullshit you.

You will notice I decent lose in straight line speed versus the Grand Prix but the Kiz handles a lot better.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
2013 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2006 Kawaski 636
KuroNekko

The Kizashi has a very good chassis and suspension. Probably best in class. The chassis is very rigid and with the excellent suspension, gives the car great handling with a comfortable ride. Suzuki focused on handling when they developed the car and even had the suspension tuned by test runs on Germany's famous Nurburgring track. I don't think any other midsize can claim that. Suzuki was chasing entry level sports sedans with the Kizashi so it's no surprise that the car handles very well.
I would say it probably handles better than a Mazda6 (which is supposed to among the best handling midsizes) given that I previously owned a Mazda3 which is known to be a better handler than the Mazda6. The Kizashi compares rather well to the Mazda3.

The Kizashi's weakness is the one engine offering. With no turbo or V6 option, we are all left with the base engine. The base engine is by no means bad. It's actually rather smooth and makes more HP than most of its competition's base 4 cylinders.
The engine is said to be better in the manual and the manual actually makes 5 more HP from the engine (185).
I own a 6 speed model and must say that the car is not fast, but not slow. It's rather adequate.

Regarding the manual: The clutch feel is very nice. It's soft and is easy to use. As Galileo said, it's easy to use in traffic and has made my commutes more pleasant compared to the Mazda3.
On the other hand, the shifter could be better. It's a bit sloppy and the shifts throws are longer than I'd like. It's not horrible by any means, but I have no doubt other cars have better shifters. My Mazda3 definitely did. I also don't like the gear engagement at times, but plan to remedy it with a synthetic gear oil change soon. (Will do a write-up when that happens.)

Overall, the car is rather sporty, but just not in the power department. The focus is on the handling. The Kizashi is unique in that it's a car that is both comfortable in long highway drives, yet you can have fun with it in canyons and mountain roads.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Galileo

wyos10er wrote:How sporty is it?, I'm comimg from a 02 gtp grand prix I understand I'm not going to have the power but I'd be OK with it if its fun to drive. Here's the link to the one I'm looking at
http://www.vandevere.com/web/iui/#_vehicle5405442
You're killing me! My 2010 GTS is also Vivid Red :mrgreen:

KuroNekko has summed up the Kizashi driving experience very well. All I can add is that my last two vehicles, a Saturn Vue & Saturn Aura, both had V6 engines with automatic transmissions. As eager as the Kizashi's 4 cylinder engine is with the 6-speed manual transmission, it's no substitute for the torque of those V6 engines. Despite that comparison, the Kizashi strikes just the right balance to keep me smiling behind the wheel.

After a year and 20k miles, a change in commute from 100 miles a day on two lane rural routes to 30 miles a day highway, from living in a small town to a big city, the Kizashi has never made me regret the purchase.

What drew you to consider the Kizashi in the first place?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6-Speed Manual
Vivid Red
wyos10er

Puckaveli- how was it to drive?,I know its been on there website for awhile now is there anything wrong with it?

KuroNekko- thanks for the input, it sounds like the kizashi is a little more fum to drive than the mazda3, I'm wondering if a mazda3 hatch back has more room?.

Galileo. Lol nice man, does your have heated seats? I don't think the one I'm looking does. I went through a change very similar to yours. I was driving over 100 miles a day on the interstate and now I'm driving 10 miles on back roads. So far all my friends think I'm crazy for thinking about the kizashi.

Does any one know if the engine is pure Suzuki or is it the same 2.4 that GM uses