might be a Kizashi owner

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
KuroNekko

wyos10er wrote:Puckaveli- how was it to drive?,I know its been on there website for awhile now is there anything wrong with it?

KuroNekko- thanks for the input, it sounds like the kizashi is a little more fum to drive than the mazda3, I'm wondering if a mazda3 hatch back has more room?.

Galileo. Lol nice man, does your have heated seats? I don't think the one I'm looking does. I went through a change very similar to yours. I was driving over 100 miles a day on the interstate and now I'm driving 10 miles on back roads. So far all my friends think I'm crazy for thinking about the kizashi.

Does any one know if the engine is pure Suzuki or is it the same 2.4 that GM uses
The engine is 100% Suzuki. The reason why we only have one engine is because Suzuki cut ties with GM. GM used to be the supplier of the V6 found in the other Suzukis. Suzuki was supposed to have a deal with VW for another engine, but the deal fell through. That's why Suzuki only had the 2.4 in the Kizashi. Good thing is that the J24B engine is rather good and problem-free.

I have posted on comparing the Mazda3 to the Kizashi elsewhere before, but it's basically like this: The Mazda3 is more responsive: It accelerates faster and has sharper steering. No surprise because the car is smaller and lighter. The shifter was also a lot better.
On the other hand, at least to me, the Mazda3 was not too comfortable for long drives or commutes in traffic. The seats weren't very well cushioned and the suspension was more tuned for handling than comfort. Road noise was excessive and you felt the road.

The Kizashi is slower, but also has good handling. I actually like the way the Kizashi handles better because there is more stability. It's not as fidgety in the corners like the Mazda3 so you have more confidence. This is probably due to the Kizashi's bigger and wider tires in addition to the tuned suspension. The Mazda was a little sharper in the corners, but the Kizashi is more stable. Does that make sense?
The Kizashi is overall way more comfortable. It's simply far more refined than the Mazda3 that I had. It's quieter, smoother, and simply far more comfortable.

So in the fun to drive factor, I would say the Mazda3 was more like a go-cart. It was more fun to tear around in, but the Kizashi isn't far behind. But in everyday driving and commutes, the Kizashi is the clear winner. It's actually why I got rid of the Mazda3 for the Kizashi.

I had the Mazda3 sedan so I can't comment on the space in a hatch.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
puckaveli

I didn't go over the car with a ton of detail since I knew I was going to get the 2013. But if the 2013 wasn't there I probably would have bought the one you are looking at. It ran really good and everything worked as it should.

I'm actually really suprised with the amount of room in the Kizashi. I'm 6'5" 250lbs and I have tons of room. And the trunk is actually deeper than my STi hatch had, you have less vertical room vs. the hatch obviously but it's a lot deeper and it has the fold down seat too.

I think one of the reasons the Kizashis aren't as popular is because they aren't well known. Have you ever seen a commercial for one? All those that know what it is might be turned off because of Suzuki leaving the North American market. Most people will get a Golfs, Camrys, or Accords because they are familiar with them. It's a big reason I got one, because they are rare cars. I had a guy in a Audi A8 ask me if my car was a Lexus at the gas station the other day. If you reasearch you will see consumer ratings on the car are really high and you won't see a lot of major complaints on this board.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
2013 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2006 Kawaski 636
fjroman2

I am another guy that came from a Mazda 3 GTS to the Kizashi. Much more car, for close to the same money (especially now with all the rebates).

In the past, we had a VW Passat. I loved that car...and this is an upgrade to that. Everything about this car is similar or better than the Passat (IMO).
2013 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD - Premium Silver
Priors:
2007 Mazda 3S GTS
2004 VW Passat
1997 Nissan Pathfinder
2013 Honda Pilot (wife's vehicle)
wyos10er

I went up and test drove the car today, so far i like the car. i had a person ride along with me so i couldn't test out the handling lol. i didn't like the fact that it had been a rear end collision and the plastic around the trunk latch was busted (I know i doesn't sound like much to must people but i work at a body shop and if the shop that fixed the damage skimped on the plastic peace what else did they skimp on?) Also does anyone know if the factory warranty will transfer over? the dealership told me they were the second owner of the car.
KuroNekko

wyos10er wrote:I went up and test drove the car today, so far i like the car. i had a person ride along with me so i couldn't test out the handling lol. i didn't like the fact that it had been a rear end collision and the plastic around the trunk latch was busted (I know i doesn't sound like much to must people but i work at a body shop and if the shop that fixed the damage skimped on the plastic peace what else did they skimp on?) Also does anyone know if the factory warranty will transfer over? the dealership told me they were the second owner of the car.
I am pretty sure the warranty is fully transferable. Just make sure to read the fine print and make sure accidents don't exempt the warranty.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
puckaveli

I acctually checked cars.com yesterday for a friend and quite a few new Kizashis found there way to local dealerships. Do a new search on cars.com or autotrader and you will see there are a bunch in the area now. I'd go check out some more cars. I always try to avoid buying cars in accidents.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
2013 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2006 Kawaski 636
wyos10er

Even with the deals on the new cars I can't afford them Lol. The same day I drove the kizashi I drove z 07 altima 3.5 se (I know there two different cars) it had 75k and was loaded. But I noticed the shifter was a bit klunky and with that many miles who knows what will need replaced. If my bank OK's me for the loan and they can take a little off the car I may go ahead and get it.
Galileo

Good luck and keep us posted!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6-Speed Manual
Vivid Red
wyos10er

Are the 2.4 engine's E85 capable?
chazyouwin

LOL about people mistaking this car for a Lexus. I parked at the local very high end mall a couple of months ago and a lady in a high end new Mercedes walked right over and wanted to know all about the Kizashi. She saw the "S" and asked if it was a Saab. Anyway, she was probably about 70 years old. I thought that a bit flattering. But after I told her it was a Suzuki, predictably, up went her nose with a little wrinkle. Ha! I do enjoy the attention.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.