Newby from DC

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
Woodie

Hi all

Just joined up after lurking for a couple of months. Bought a 2010 Kizashi GTS manual from CarMax in January and I'm loving it. Already been helped out a couple of times by things I read here. I've been a Suzuki guy since 1990, had five Geo Metros, one Swift, then an Aerio which I just sold to my girlfriend. CarMax offered me $2,000 trade-in and the car was worth $4,000, so she basically stole it from me. It's okay, 'cause I stole the Kizashi from them.

I'll get around to a signature and avatar someday soon. Meanwhile, I'm in College Park, MD which is just inside the Washington DC beltway.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Dude...

I also live in College Park. I also own a 6 speed.

Welcome!

What color is yours?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

Thought you were in Laurel, but I had already noticed that you were nearby and posted a lot. It's a medium gray - dark silver kinda thing, maybe mineral gray metallic?

I'm in Hollywood, near the new traffic light at Rhode Island and Edgewood. Almost under the Beltway.
KuroNekko

Wtf.
I also live in Hollywood. Right by the intersection too. I may have seen your car once. I recall seeing a grey Kizashi there once before. I am surprised we have not seen each other in our cars.
Ronzuki

Woodie wrote: It's a medium gray - dark silver kinda thing, maybe mineral gray metallic?
Welcome! The color of your car is Azure Grey Metallic ;)
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:Thought you were in Laurel, but I had already noticed that you were nearby and posted a lot. It's a medium gray - dark silver kinda thing, maybe mineral gray metallic?

I'm in Hollywood, near the new traffic light at Rhode Island and Edgewood. Almost under the Beltway.
Not to be creepy, but I found you. I drove around and saw your Kizashi in the driveway.
The clues you wrote out were enough for me to find you. I do this kind of thing professionally, so don't be alarmed. :lol:

Coincidentally, as I was crossing Rhode Island, I yielded to a white 2011-2013 Kizashi GTS or SLS. The car slowed and honked at me as the driver must have noticed my Kizashi as well. I have seen this car before driving down Rhode Island and think there is another Kizashi owner in the area.
I wonder if he will jump on here and find us.
Woodie

That's cool, not creeped out easily. I wouldn't have give that much detail if I was.

You know anyone who wants the Camaro? Previous tenant left it and my landlord (and myself) wants it gone. '71 (I think) Camaro SS 350 manual. In well used, 100% original condition.
murcod

Woodie wrote:You know anyone who wants the Camaro? Previous tenant left it and my landlord (and myself) wants it gone. '71 (I think) Camaro SS 350 manual. In well used, 100% original condition.
Want to ship it to Australia? :)
David
Kelevra

Woodie wrote:That's cool, not creeped out easily. I wouldn't have give that much detail if I was.

You know anyone who wants the Camaro? Previous tenant left it and my landlord (and myself) wants it gone. '71 (I think) Camaro SS 350 manual. In well used, 100% original condition.

Welcome!

Em, where is this Camaro? haha, I'd love to grab it!
KuroNekko

I did not see the Camaro. I saw a van and the Kizashi. You actually live VERY close to me. In fact, walking distance. I have actually walked my dogs around your neighborhood before and have seen your old Aerio sometime last year.
I live across the other side of Rhode Island Ave, towards IKEA.

Anyhow, I take it that the Camaro does not run, but the body is decent for restoration?