New to this forum, not to Suzuki

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
sx4rocious

Greetings all! there may be one or two of you that recognize my username from the SX4 forum. I own a 2007 Techno Blue SX4 and have recently aquired a 2010 Vivid Red Kizashi GTS for my wife. I fell in love with Suzuki when I bought the SX4 and I do have to say, this Kizashi is simply the best mid-sized sedan I've ever driven! I hope to be active on this forum as I have nearly 900 posts on the SX4 site. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!!
LPSISRL

Greeting sx4rocious. (always like your forum name). Welcome from an ex-SX4 owner. Traded mine in on a 2011 SLS. I love it. You'll find that this forum is not nearly as active as the SX4. I'm trying to change that a little by posting a lot. I'm still in the SX4 forum, but not as much as I am here. Hope to see you around a lot. If you want an interesting read, check out WESHOOT2's running update called "114 Days". After reading that, you'll like the Kizashi even more. I did!
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
KuroNekko

I find that most Kizashi owners are people who have previously owned other Suzukis. It sure seems the case with many active forum members here.

While I have never even driven a SX4, my first car was a Suzuki Sidekick. Good experiences with that car was what perked my interest in the Kizashi when I first heard of it. Research on the Kizashi turned into fascination and fascination turned into autotrader prowling which then turned into me owning one, which all led to me writing this reply welcoming another owner.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
honsonwong

Welcome sx4rocious. Yes, "114 Days" is an interesting and must see forum here. Also, you will find some of the members here are a car dictionary.
Ronzuki

welcome 4rocious...another SX4 owner makes the jump!

And yes, take the time to read WESHOOT's entire thread "114 days". Very entertaining.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
sx4rocious

actually, I have read "114 days". I found it not only entertaining, but rather informative. It really sealed my decision on the purchase!! And prowling autotrader is exactly where I found mine. I still have and absolutely LOVE my SX4 and have no intention of getting rid of it for a long time to comoe, but I have to admit, I also LOVE driving my wife's GTS. I got to spend a lot of "bonding" time with it on the trip home from purchasing it. (I went with a buddy for the 720 mile trip in 15 hours....) I got a GREAT deal and have not a single complaint on the car. Well other than the somewhat dismal 0-30 acceleration....
LPSISRL

sx4rocious wrote:actually, I have read "114 days". Well other than the somewhat dismal 0-30 acceleration....
I found that I get better acceleration off the line if I don't stand on it at first. Build the rpms a little before you put it to the floor. For me, it was/is a learning process as I've never owned a CVT before.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
sx4rocious

ours is actually a 6MT. I personally wanted a AWD for her, since we do occasionally get a lot of snow, but she wanted the manual. It just seems to be slower than my SX4 off the line with a bit less torque....