New to Kizashi community

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
AidaX310

My former daily driving vehicle was my 2003 Nissan 350z. But since I have a baby girl on the way, I just bought a 2011 AWD Kizashi GTS last week to replace my daily driver(my belly is hitting the steering wheel pretty good in my Z & I can't press down hard enough on the clutch. Lol). Kinda sad cause my Z won't be getting as much love as it used to. My plans for the Kiz is to slightly modify it, since there aren't many here in my area, figured I'd make it unique. It's just really hard to find any performance mods. If it were easy enough, I'd have the trans swapped to manual. But idk. Anyways just wanted to introduce myself here. If you guys have any suggestions on beginning mods, please let me know. Thanks!!

-Jackie
KuroNekko

Welcome, Jackie.
Always nice to hear from a car enthusiast female.

The good news is that you got yourself a very safe car for your upcoming family. The Kizashi has excellent crash test results, even with more stringent IIHS crash tests.
You also got the AWD model so you have optimal traction in all conditions.

The bad news is that the Kizashi does not have many aftermarket parts. The few companies that did offer them are discontinuing their Kizashi-specific products because the Kizashi is no longer sold in the US and Canada due to Suzuki's pull-out from these markets.

The idea of converting the CVT AWD to a manual is also a pipe dream. It's hard enough to do it on very popular cars with abundant replacement parts. You'd also lose your AWD system in the process as the manual Kizashis are exclusively FWD.

The Kizashi will not offer anywhere near the performance of a Nissan 350Z, but is a better and safer choice for someone with a child on the way. It sounds like you are still keeping the Z so I'd look to that as the performance tuner and the Kizashi as the comfortable and safer all-weather daily driver.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
honsonwong

Welcome Jackie, good luck to you mods.
AidaX310

Thanks! Yeah, that is my initial plan to keep this as my DD & continue to mod my Z. I figured I'd do some minor adjustments to the Kizashi at least. It does suck that the US sector filed for bankruptcy last year though. I had no idea when I bought the car last week. Lol.
IshaanIan

I'd suggest reading a little more into the Kizashi Apex concept since that one had AWD and a manual :D
murcod

Welcome. :) Pity about the CVT - it's probably driving you up the wall if you're used to a manual!
IshaanIan wrote:I'd suggest reading a little more into the Kizashi Apex concept since that one had AWD and a manual :D
Where did you read that the Apex is AWD and manual? :o (I can't find anything about it being AWD?)
David
KuroNekko

The Apex was not AWD. I can't find a single piece of literature that stated it was AWD. It was a manual for certain, but no mention of AWD. The interior shows that it did not have the AWD button. I'm quite sure it was merely a modded 6 speed manual FWD like my car.

Even if it was AWD, it was a single concept model and never intended for production, much like the EcoCharge concept. Basically, irrelevant to production models.

For a AWD manual, I'd go to a Subaru. For turbocharged variants, the WRX, STI, or Evo fit the bill.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
mgp123

Welcome Aida,

My wife and I were in your shoes. I was in hospital, and she was taking care of me when Suzuki pulled out of the US. We found the car at CarMax and immediately feel in love with it and took it home. CarMax did not bother to mention Suzuki was gone. But after research we decided to keep it. It seems to be a solid car and we still love it. This forum has been really nice, you get answers, though they may not be what you want to hear. I wish you and your family well! Look forward to reading your experiences. Remember any experience you have helps give others incite.

Michael
:drive:
sx4rocious

Welcome!! My wife and I are Die-hard Suzuki fans. Her with her Kizashi, me with my SX4

Drive it Hard, Enjoy the AWD, post LOTS of pictures, and Congrats on the BABY GIRL!!!