Kizashi owner from Hawaii :]

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
mgp123

Aloha charm
Ronzuki

SamirD wrote:But won't that damage the trim over time?
I doubt it. I had 'the good kind' (OEM from Suzuki) on my first Samurai in 1986. 8 years and 120k miles later...still attached and no problems. However, the stick-on ones that I put on my 4-dr 92 Sidekick started popping off after about 4 years. (Yes, I did the prep work properly before attaching). Not a fan of stick-ons and haven't owned any since.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SamirD

Ronzuki wrote:However, the stick-on ones that I put on my 4-dr 92 Sidekick started popping off after about 4 years. (Yes, I did the prep work properly before attaching). Not a fan of stick-ons and haven't owned any since.
Good to know. Our Kizashi came with factory branded stick-ons, so I'll have to watch for them in a few years. Did yours just fly off while driving? :o
KuroNekko

I actually installed my own OEM window visors and had to reposition one after adhering it to the car. In doing so, I learned that the adhesive tape is VERY VERY STRONG. It was not even close to fully cured yet either.
I have doubts that the visors will cause problems down the line, but it would be good practice to check adhesion once in a while. You can always replace the double-sided tape with 3M double-sided mounting tape if needed.

Want to know what the biggest problem with windows visors actually is?
They make the Kizashi's massive A pillar even bigger. The visors are heavily tinted so basically, they are black. Adding them to the front doors makes the A pillar even obstruct more of your view. You just have to get used to looking around the pillar.
Overall, no regrets. They allow in fresh air, but block out the wind, rain, and snow.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

You know, I never realized how big those a-pillars were. :lol: I've just been looking around them since day one.
Ronzuki

The heavy tint is another turn-off for me, especially on a silver, or other light colored, car. The Samurai I had back then was silver and the the vents were clearish. The Kick was a dark green and the vents were dark tinted. Todays adhesives are far beter than they were in 1992. My cars have always sat outside year round, so that doesn't help any either. Wifey's SX4 gets the garage. :roll:
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)