Hi from Scotland.

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
BTkizashi

Hi fellow Kizashi owners .

Recently bought a Kizashi AWD with CVT registered march 2014, mineral grey.
I am loving the car just cant wait till the sunny weather in Scotland turns cold and icy to test out the AWD !
Anyways found the forum while researching the car, and was pleasantly surprised to see such a varied amount of information and discussion about Kizashi. Suzuki UK dont even list the car on their website !

All the best, BT.
KuroNekko

Welcome.
Despite your excitement for the winter to come again to try out the AWD system, most of us in North America are glad the winter is finally done.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

Welcome! Be warned that the stock tires are terrible in the snow, AWD or not
BTkizashi

KuroNekko wrote:Welcome.
Despite your excitement for the winter to come again to try out the AWD system, most of us in North America are glad the winter is finally done.
Thanks for the welcome...
Its always winter in Scotland, :D
bootymac wrote:Welcome! Be warned that the stock <a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/6000/i.html?_nk ... </span></a> are terrible in the snow, AWD or not
I have the Dunlop SP Sports, I take it they are standard in all markets?

Cheers BT
honsonwong

Welcome.
You will enjoy the feeling of riding a Kizashi.
bootymac

BTkizashi wrote:I have the Dunlop SP Sports, I take it they are standard in all markets?

Cheers BT
I assume so. That's what we have in NA too

You may also want to have your alignment checked. It appears that the factory alignment leads to abnormal and accelerated tread wear
coref1

Welcome, I've got the mineral grey as well but fwd version. Enjoy your drive.
BTkizashi

Thanks for the welcome messages.

Looks like the AWD combined with tyres and tracking are things to keep an eye on. I will see if local Suzuki dealer will do free checks, but I wont bet on it.
I am sure I read somewhere that the european AWD Skoda Octavia suffers from uneven tyre wear. So could be related to alignment and AWD combination as our Kizashi 's.

Cheers BT
KuroNekko

BTkizashi wrote:Thanks for the welcome messages.

Looks like the AWD combined with tyres and tracking are things to keep an eye on. I will see if local Suzuki dealer will do free checks, but I wont bet on it.
I am sure I read somewhere that the european AWD Skoda Octavia suffers from uneven tyre wear. So could be related to alignment and AWD combination as our Kizashi 's.

Cheers BT
The alignment issue is found on all Kizashis including the FWD 6 speed manuals that are not sold in the UK. I believe the only models sold in the UK (and maybe even the rest of Europe) are the AWD CVTs.
Regardless, my North American-spec FWD manual transmission Kizashi had the alignment issue. It's because the alignment was off from the factory. It caused uneven wear on the insides of the tires.
I posted the alignment data from my alignment repair in this thread:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 8&start=90
AWD or not, you will have this issue if Suzuki did not properly align the wheels from the factory.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

Welcome! I highly recommend a set of snow tires to go with that awd.

We have General Altimax Arctics in 215/60/16 on our 2011 SLS sport awd--which I believe are a European tire re-branded for the US market. They have been fantastic during the winter here in MKE. We almost were able to dive the car like normal when others slowed down. And this was our first year driving in snow.