Hi Guys...

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
Engineer60

...joined a while back but thought I’d wait a bit too post so as I could get to drive the car under various conditions as it was bought for my better half who only does about 3K miles a year.

This Kizashi is an ex-Suzuki UK car pre-registered October reg. 2013 model top spec CVT with 4.5K miles on the clock (as that’s all you can get in the UK, less sat-nav) in metallic grey, drives very well overall even over the many speed bumps in our area once the tire pressures were adjusted, no lag from standing start as reported in most of the road tests I’ve read and handles well in FWD, AWD wet or dry whether solo or 5 up etc. on the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT tires it came with apart from some wheel bump return to the steering wheel which may or may not be due to caster angle, will be doing a 4 wheel alignment check in the near future.

The wheels were replaced for new ones just before I purchased as some lacquer/paint was just beginning to peel off and there are a couple of small stone chips on the bonnet/hood.

No pics. But identical to this:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/suz ... -2012-2013

My daily drive is an STR but when taking the price into consideration this Suzuki has impressed me!
“If you see a gap and don't go for it, you are no longer a racing driver”
KuroNekko

Welcome.

Is it just me or does it seem like the grey color is very popular among owners in the UK and the rest of Europe?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Engineer60

Not sure about that white and black are out there for sale, wanted silver but only one I could find was in Wales!

But the grey does look good in the flesh rather than pics.
honsonwong

Welcome.
I have the same colour as yours.
bootymac

Welcome! I'm also impressed with the CVT's performance after reading the initial criticism. My guess is that Suzuki tweaked it at some point. Its reliability is still unproven though...
coref1

Welcome, good to get some input on the Kizashi from your part of the world as I know you've got a pretty good choice of cars there. I've got the mineral grey as well but fwd version.
Moto
Site Admin

A late welcome
BTkizashi

Welcome Engineer60.

No point in trying to spot each other on the road, we are at opposite ends of the country !!
I have yet to see another Kizashi up here , but with price reductions in some dealers at the moment things might change.

Cheers BT
Engineer60

Thanks for the welcome everyone, for sure the summer tires fitted as standard will be useless in the winter conditions some of you guys will encounter, but thankfully down south my way its a rare occurrence so winter tires ain't worth the expense!

Been using the car this week due to family circumstances in outer London stop/start traffic and its a nice place to be, average fuel is @ 20 MPG as opposed to the Jag STR 11 mpg!
KuroNekko

Engineer60 wrote:Thanks for the welcome everyone, for sure the summer tires fitted as standard will be useless in the winter conditions some of you guys will encounter, but thankfully down south my way its a rare occurrence so winter tires ain't worth the expense!

Been using the car this week due to family circumstances in outer London stop/start traffic and its a nice place to be, average fuel is @ 20 MPG as opposed to the Jag STR 11 mpg!
The standard tires should be All Seasons if they are the same as the ones put on North American models (Dunlop SP Sport 7000 A/S). The A/S in the name even stands for All Season.
While obviously not as good as dedicated winter tires, I wouldn't call the factory Dunlops horrible in light snow. I've driven in snow with them this past winter in my FWD Kizashi and got around okay. Heck, they even got me around in snow deep enough to completely conceal a parking block which damaged my underbody when I unknowingly ran over it.
These tires are overall pretty poor but the complaints mostly stem from their short tread life and diminishing ride quality that comes with it. I wouldn't bother junking these tires for light snow especially if you have AWD. You should get around fine.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)