7 days into my first Kizashi

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
jmr886

Hey Everyone,

So I'm 7 days into my first Kizashi(2010 SLS, CVT, 60k miles), and absolutely love it! It is the complete opposite of the two cars I've owned prior to this one. My first car was an RX-7 twin turbo, and my second was an RX-8. So needless to say, after driving a manual transmission at a minimum of 4500-5000 rpms my whole life, the CVT is quite different. Though, I must say, I didn't deal with the lag too much. Just to see what I was getting into, I've driven the heck out of it (foot on the floor and paddle shifting down the highway and country roads). However, when I do feel the lag, I just look at the instantaneous mpg and actually respect what the CVT is doing. After having a lot of fun this week I got 318 miles before the gas light came on. I am going to drive economically this week and see what I get.

Look forward to chatting with you ya'll!
Woodie

Welcome
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
honsonwong

Welcome
KuroNekko

That's quite a difference to go from MT rotaries to a CVT inline vehicle. Your days of insane RPMs and V8-like gas mileage are over. I like the Mazda rotaries, but in this day and age, I can't see how they could survive among the direct injection turbo 4's that make nearly as much power but are more fuel efficient, cleaner-burning, and more reliable.
That being said, there must have been something sweet about the insane revving Wankel cranking out V6-like power from a tiny 1.3 liter engine.

I hope you enjoy your Kizashi like the rest of us. Oh yeah, you can finally use synthetic oil now without worry.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

Welcome! I have a soft spot for the forward thinking of Mazda to put the Wankel into production, and both those chassis are still sought after for v8 conversions (which are quite awesome since they look factory.