Another Aussie weighing in..

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
madaussie

Hello Kizashi Folks! I just purchased a Kizashi 2011 and we pick it up Monday. Can't wait! Interesting story-- my son and I walked right by it at the used car showroom (in eastern Melbourne) because everybody knows that "Suzuki doesn't make serious cars..:) " My wife hauled us back to it because she liked how it looked. Well, 20 minutes later we were test driving it, and two hours later we bought it -- love at first sight! Road handling was supurb, power seemed quite even through the power curve with the CVT, and braking was exceptional. I will keep the group updated with our first ownership impressions next week. The only question we have is -- what trim did we buy? It does say "Touring" on the metal plate inside the door frame, but I've not been to match up its features those listed on the web asI can't seem to get just the correct fit (i.e., I thought I might have a sports package, but the seats are cloth--everything else "listed" as sport seems to be there). At any rate, no big deal right now. I am very happy there is a Kizashi support group out there. Happy driving everyone.
Moto
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum.
honsonwong

Welcome to the forum, enjoy you ride.
SamirD

Belated welcome! I bet some of the other Aussie owners can explain the trim level as its different than here in the US. Glad that you're loving the car. :)
Wonson92

Welcome!

You have a 'Sports' Touring. They released it late 2013 / Early 2014 from memory. Its the same as the old touring model only with the Sports external aesthetic features. There use to be XL, XLS and then Sports AWD, that then became Touring, Prestige and Sports AWD, its now Sports Touring, Sports Prestige and Sports AWD. All now come with the same body kit and 18" Alloys where as before the XL/Touring, XLS/Prestige used to have a different body kit, 16" and 17" wheels and a different version of 18" wheels to the Sports model.
Enjoy your new car :D I've definitely enjoyed mine.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
SamirD

Wonson92 wrote:Welcome!

You have a 'Sports' Touring. They released it late 2013 / Early 2014 from memory. Its the same as the old touring model only with the Sports external aesthetic features. There use to be XL, XLS and then Sports AWD, that then became Touring, Prestige and Sports AWD, its now Sports Touring, Sports Prestige and Sports AWD. All now come with the same body kit and 18" Alloys where as before the XL/Touring, XLS/Prestige used to have a different body kit, 16" and 17" wheels and a different version of 18" wheels to the Sports model.
Enjoy your new car :D I've definitely enjoyed mine.
Wow, what a trim level nightmare! I didn't realize it was changed so many time. :o
Wonson92

:lol: I know right, I ordered an XL and received a Touring, I can only imagine the confusion if you ordered a touring and received a sports touring! Not a bad kind of confusion though ;)
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
SamirD

Wonson92 wrote::lol: I know right, I ordered an XL and received a Touring, I can only imagine the confusion if you ordered a touring and received a sports touring! Not a bad kind of confusion though ;)
Yeah, I could see a free upgrade to the sport being a pleasant surprise unless you liked the car just as it was in whatever trim you test drove.

I wonder how a dealership would handle that? If you didn't want what arrived because it was different than what they told you it would be?