New Member from Green Bay, WI

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
BLyons

I just bought a black 2011 Sport SLS AWD. They're detailing it and delivering it on Tuesday. A week ago I had never even heard of a Kizashi, and did a lot of research over the past week (much of it on this site, great tips here). I was hesitant about a few things, especially the 180 HP, but after reading so many good things I knew I had to at least test drive it. I was really surprised at the acceleration, it seemed better than the turbo A4 I drove and didn't really seem to get bogged down with the A/C on either like the Legacy I drove did. The only car that was more fun to drive was a WRX, but it doesn't have anywhere near the amenities.

Overall, I told myself I still wouldn't buy it unless they could give it to me at the price I wanted since I figure I'll have to incur extra costs due to the closest Suzuki dealer being 150 miles away. They were still about $1500 off at their 'absolute' lowest, so I got up to walk out and they changed their minds pretty fast. :lol:

I've seen lots of helpful tips so far and I'm sure I'll find plenty more. One question I do have is that they mentioned that many of the service and recalls can be done at GM dealerships? Is that true, because the Suzuki dealer I spoke to did not mention that at all.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
honsonwong

Welcome, enjoy.
Woodie

BLyons wrote:One question I do have is that they mentioned that many of the service and recalls can be done at GM dealerships?
Not that I've heard of, but that sure would be helpful. Maybe they were spouting old information, GM and Suzuki were tight around the turn of the century, but went through a messy break up around 2006.

Welcome
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
DesRado

Welcome,

I was also told my Suzuki could be serviced at a GM dealership when I was buying mine. Luckily though, there is a nearby dealership that used to sell Suzukis within 25 minutes of my house.
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

KuroNekko

Welcome.

For servicing, you'll want to find an Authorized Suzuki Service Dealer. These are usually former Suzuki sales dealers. The reason why a GM dealer may be one is because Suzuki used to be a brand under GM until the late 2000s. However, the Kizashi came about largely after GM and Suzuki parted ways so the Kizashi is an independent vehicle from GM engineering. In essence, you can't treat any GM dealer as a place to properly service the Kizashi. You should seek those that were former Suzuki sales dealers and now authorized service dealers. In fact, I have no doubt you will get turned down for recall or warranty work unless you go to an Authorized Suzuki Service Dealer. The one I go to is a former Suzuki dealer that now sells used cars for the dealership network it's part of. I've had both a warranty claim and a recall done there with no drama.

Use this site to find the closest Authorized Service Dealer for things like recalls or warranty work.
http://www.suzukiauto.com/Service%20Provider.aspx
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
BLyons

That's what I had originally used, which is disappointing but that's also why I wouldn't budge with my low offer, I figured I would have to incur extra costs over the life of the car. The closest one is out of state, and they seemed pretty incompetent when I had talked to them before making this purchase.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD