Kizashi in Sweden

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
Sentenced1979

Hey, everyone.

Sorry, I should've gone here first when I signed up. :)

I bought my Kizashi in July and I just love it.
Had never heard of the model before. Just went to a car site, typed in that I wanted 4WD, automatic and how much I wanted to spend. And there it was...
I was so close to buying the Swift Sport, before I found this.

It's an AWD with a CVT box. All the bells and whistles are powered. The only thing I don't have is the navigator. But tbh I haven't missed it in the previous cars, so I don't really need it.
It even has a detachable hitch. Came in handy once already, on a shopping trip to Ikea. :D
I don't put stuff like that in my car.
Everything is stock in the car. The back windows are factory tinted. Had they not been, I would have tinted them anyway. They are dark enough, so I don't need to re-tint them.
I've mentioned in previous posts that I need to get winter tires and the engine/interior heater(s).
Think I found some "simple", easy to clean alloys. OCL Enzo G (original size) and going to put Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2, studless tires on them.
Things other than those are for later.

Mine is one out of a 163 registered Kizashis in this country, so I don't run into them very often.
There are 11 of them for sale at the same site, at the time of writing.

I'm sure I've missed to mention something. :)

Thank you.
Attachments
2015-09-20-18-10-37.jpg
2015-09-20-18-10-37.jpg (186.39 KiB) Viewed 6002 times
IMG_20150924_152046.JPG
IMG_20150924_152046.JPG (184.42 KiB) Viewed 6002 times
I burn the gas, Prius owners save.

2011, Suzuki Kizashi SLS.
Woodie

Welcome

Nice looking car.

Navigation comes with a much lesser radio, I think you're better off without it. Don't think the tint is from the factory, but who cares, really.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
bmw&kizzyownr

Welcome; good to read posts from a Swedish Kizashi owner. Regarding the Navigation; I have it and IMHO it's a poor unit and I you'd probably be better off using an app on your smart phone or an aftermarket unit vs paying the x-tra $$$ for the in-dash system. The Nav unit does include a rear view camera which is a plus, some would say a limited plus if you have the rear sonar parking assistant. I have the SLS AWD CVT Kizy w/Nav which includes the 425 watt Rockford Fosgate unit. It's a good radio w/10 speakers, 8 channels, subwoofer, etc.... only major difference from yours (to my knowledge) is it doesn't have Bluetooth steaming audio which doesn't make it "a much lesser radio" IMHO. Happy Motoring!
Sentenced1979

Woodie wrote:Welcome

Nice looking car.

Navigation comes with a much lesser radio, I think you're better off without it. Don't think the tint is from the factory, but who cares, really.
Thank you. :)

Sad really, that Suzuki kinda flopped in sales of the Kizashi. Or... it's a good thing for us who own one. :) Sticks out of the crowd.

As for the tint. I think it's an option here when you order one. Half of the Kizashis I've seen have tint. And most of the Swift Sports I looked at.

When you do it yourself, you can black them out totally. Spray paint them black if you want. :D With a huge risk that it looks like crap. :lol:
But no tinting on the front windows.

But like you said, who cares. :D It's there and it's going to stay there.

Thanks for replying.

Sentenced1979

bmw&kizzyownr wrote:Welcome; good to read posts from a Swedish Kizashi owner. Regarding the Navigation; I have it and IMHO it's a poor unit and I you'd probably be better off using an app on your smart phone or an aftermarket unit vs paying the x-tra $$$ for the in-dash system. The Nav unit does include a rear view camera which is a plus, some would say a limited plus if you have the rear sonar parking assistant. I have the SLS AWD CVT Kizy w/Nav which includes the 425 watt Rockford Fosgate unit. It's a good radio w/10 speakers, 8 channels, subwoofer, etc.... only major difference from yours (to my knowledge) is it doesn't have Bluetooth steaming audio which doesn't make it "a much lesser radio" IMHO. Happy Motoring!

Thank you. :)

Yes, mine has the sonar in front and back. And the trailer hitch does the rest if someone gets too close. :D

I think I read that too somewhere, that it's better to get an aftermarket navi, if you really need one.

I think the audio is great. Was surprised over the sound. No rattling in the speakers when you turn the volume up.
Or maybe I had bad audio in previous cars.

Thanks for replying. :)

DesRado

Welcome, nice car.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP