New Kizashi owner

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
wjsimpson86

I just bought a 2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS with a CVT its red and has 53,600 miles. Love the car but I got it for my girlfriend to drive. I did the used car inspection on it and had to have it so I got it.
pakizzie2015

congratulations on your purchase!.. I have the 2011 GTS AWD version.. love the car.. took some time to get used to the cvt but I find now that I like it better than the regular auto.. You will find great people on this site.. if you got questions. someone here has the answers..
wjsimpson86

Yeah it seems a little "jerkier" than a regular auto trans. Although its a lot better than the trans being used in the Ford Focus those are a manual that they turned into an automatic so it jerks a lot.
LPSISRL

What do you mean by "jerkier"? If anything, it should be much smoother than a non-CVT automatic since there are no shifts. Where are you feeling jerks?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
KuroNekko

I also don't think "jerkier" fits the description of a CVT. It should be a lot smoother given the CVT has no gears to create shift shock. If anything, acceleration would be sluggish from a stop but should be linear with no shift shock.

The Ford Focus and Fiesta have Dual Clutch Transmissions that work without a torque converter. I've driven a DCT Fiesta quite a bit. It's a bit rough at low speeds, but has good pick-up at higher speeds where most small-displacement autos have noticeable performance shortcomings. Quite frankly, I prefer it over a torque converter auto in a small car and when programmed properly, DCTs can be decent in low speed city driving.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
wjsimpson86

Not jerky really don't know why I used that word. It bogs down when you come to a stop
LPSISRL

wjsimpson86 wrote:Not jerky really don't know why I used that word. It bogs down when you come to a stop
That makes perfect sense now. It seems that is one of the common problems that many CVT owners report. It used to happen to me at most stops. Then it stopped happening. Maybe it was after I replaced the battery and everything reset. Maybe as it learns you're driving style, it will go away. Mine did.
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
wjsimpson86

Good. What about a delay in going into reverse?
LPSISRL

wjsimpson86 wrote:Good. What about a delay in going into reverse?
If I recall, the service manual spec is like 3-4 seconds. Which can be an eternity when you want to go. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: the service manual says:
Gear shifting time lag
“N” “D”: Less than 3.0 sec.
“N” “R”: Less than 3.0 sec.
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors: