Looking in the UK

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
pete.snaith

Hello fplks , for the past yrs. I have been running Jaguar X types 1st one 2003 2.5 maual petrol 4x4 & now 2005 2.5 auto " Spirit " edition 4x4 with body kit . The X type went away in 2009 & so is now an obsolete car . Ineed a modern replacement car to replace the comford , style & performance of the X type with 4x4 so the Kizashi seems to fit the bill. I have found a few on UK Auto Trader , but have not been to look or even test driven one . They were sold in Uk 2010 --2013 , sales wrwe less then 500 units so its a rare beast ( just what I like ) other low sales & strange stuff I have owned in Uk were Daewhoo Leganza . Dodge Caliber SXT CVT , Jeep Patriot CRD , Dodge Avenger 2.4 SXT Auto . Mk1 Skoda Superb Eleganze . I am in the home work stage of my quest at the moment so all help / comments from Uk & rest of world are most welcome ... Catch up with you all soon ...
KuroNekko

Welcome.
Most of our members are from the USA, Canada, or Australia, but we do have a few members from the UK. My understanding is that all Kizashis sold in the UK were automatics with AWD. Given your need for AWD in a rare, but refined vehicle, I think the Kizashi should fit the bill nicely. Good luck on your quest in finding one among the small number available over there.
Let us know if you have specific questions about the vehicle.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

Welcome

Wow, that's an alarming list of unreliable cars. Not sure you're going to be happy with a Kizashi. :lol:
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:Welcome

Wow, that's an alarming list of unreliable cars. Not sure you're going to be happy with a Kizashi. :lol:
I was thinking exactly the same thing when I read that list. That being said, they got powertrains not available in the US for some of those cars.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
pete.snaith

Strange thihg was , they were all amazingly reliable apart from the Jeep Patriot . My uk spec had a VW supplied 2 litre diesel crd engine & suffered from the odd misfire & fuel filter problems. My current Jag is 12 yrs old ( just 62,000 miles ) &has poved to be reliable , but I do keep up the oil changes & service schedule . The2 dodges had versions of the Mitsubisi/US Chrysler world engine ---good but slightly underpowered . I'm running through all the Kizashi You Tube stuff I can find at the moment. Thank's for polite replies & interest.