New owner from Des Moines, IA

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
alex_DSM

I bought a 2012 Kizasshi SE AWD CVT with about $30k miles yesterday to use it as a commute car, was looking at cars at a dealership with specific budget in mind, I liked the looks of Kizashi, but overlooked it due to the fear of Suzuki brand's bankruptcy as I was little skeptic about servicing and maintaining this brand and test drove three other cars first (Hyundai, Kia and Nissan), I didn't like the looks and the way those cars drove, I decided to move to the next dealership, I just wanted to drive Kizashi as I was tempted by the AWD sticker, drove it and fell in love with it instantly and bought it.

I have owned Toyota's , Honda's , Nissan's and Audi's in the past, among the Japanese brands. I owned, Toyota's and Honda's can't even come close to this, handling wise , Nissan comes half way, this car drives like the Audi A4 that I had in the past except for the power.

Now I have this car, I would like to know and was wondering where you Kizashi owners take your car for service in the US , like oil changes and other regular maintenance, as Suzuki does not exist anymore, Appreciating your help in advance.

It's really sad and unfortunate that Suzuki who can make good car's like this Kizashi had to exit US while others still do business here.
Speed_Racer

Hi and welcome! A few things -

1. Even though Suzuki has left the US market, they still have a network of approved Suzuki service centers for getting work done. You can find the closest one to you at this link: http://www.suzukiauto.com/Service%20Provider.aspx

2. For basic maintenance - oil changes, brake pads, etc. - just take it to your friendly local mechanic or a quick serve oil change place.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
alex_DSM

Thanks very much, I really appreciate it, there is a service center that is 3 miles from my house, good to know, at least I have a place to take it to.
KuroNekko

Welcome and glad to hear you like your Kizashi.
Many former Suzuki sales dealers are now Authorized Suzuki Service Locations so take your car there for recalls, warranty service, and even maintenance. However, the Kizashi isn't all that complicated or mechanically unique so most maintenance can be done at a local mechanic like Speed Racer stated.

I do also want to note that Audi isn't a Japanese brand. They are German and the luxury division of Volkswagen. I do agree that the Kizashi drives very well among the compact/midsize segment. I'd say of the Japanese brands, it's Mazda that delivers a similar level of handling.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

Welcome! Nothing drives an automobile purchase like emotion because anyone buying a Kizashi today is taking on a higher risk for the reward. I have no complaints about my SLS other than the CVT had to be replaced at 76K miles. However it was under warranty (and your's has quite a bit left on the power train) with no hassles at all.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)