New owner of a kizashi in Mexico

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.

what a hello to all, I'm in Mexico and I bought an old Kizashi 2010 gls version with cvt transmission about a year ago, I found this forum looking for data related to the car, there is really much help here for kizzy owners, although it already has a considerable mileage of 200,000 km this comes with his book of services and they have all done in agency and at the right time, the handling still feels very comfortable for a car of almost 10 years, is not at all a recent model but still I like his style and performance, another thing that is good and bad at the same time is that there are not many kizashi circulating around here, I like it because it feels something exclusive for that question, the bad part is that it is not very easy to find spare parts and pieces when they are needed, in this year that I have used this suzuki I had the problem that is discussed a lot in the forum with the CVT that is aclienta and we have to wait for it to cool to continue walking, I saw that there are some calls of the em prey to address these problems like reconficurar the tcm and change the transmission tray for one with greater capacity, for my part I have put a cooler to the cvt interconnected with the one that already comes from the factory, call the agency to make an appointment maintenance and change the fluid and filters of this but tell me that it is a procedure that have not contemplated as they are not indicated in the service manual, when asked about the filters did not even know they existed, they even told me that it does not , I have seen that person here in the forum have done it themselves and leave indications of how to do it, maybe in one of those I encourage myself and I do it.
At the moment I'm changing the radio that comes from the factory for a more current touch screen, it is a headache to find the harness for this, the fascia adapter 2 din I had to ask for china, it arrived and fits well with the esterio I asked, look at some tutorials that are here about the installation of this, because the radio is connected but it makes a buzz that I think comes from the amplifier, the car comes with the rockford fosgate audio system and for the moment I will continue with the speakers and the amplifier that has factory.
When I finish installing I upload the photos.
In general I think a nice car with good features and a comfortable driving experience
KuroNekko

Welcome.
I think Mexico sold the Kizashi a bit longer after the vehicle was no longer sold in the US and Canada given Suzuki still sells cars there. I think by 2016, there were no factory-new Kizashis anywhere given Suzuki stopped their production in the one and only plant that made them in Japan.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SAEED_KIZZY

9 years for Japanese car is nothing.I had same problem with CVT in 60000 Km one time in highway after change CVT oil problem completely gone after that change CVT oil every 30K no problem so far(140000 Km)

KuroNekko wrote:Welcome.
I think Mexico sold the Kizashi a bit longer after the vehicle was no longer sold in the US and Canada given Suzuki still sells cars there. I think by 2016, there were no factory-new Kizashis anywhere given Suzuki stopped their production in the one and only plant that made them in Japan.

That's right, here in Mexico we have Suzuki dealers but since the car is discontinued because it is difficult to find spare parts for this, I have seen recalls made by an agency in the United States, will these also be valid for Mexico?
Currently I have the problem of the CVT (it gets hot and the car does not advance to more than 20km)
In the tbs I have seen solutions such as changing the oil, oil pan, filters and reconfigural tcm module, since I have a 2010 with 200, 000 km this is out of warranty and not if it is a candidate for these repairs by the agency, I'll have to investigate more about that.
regards