2011, Clutch & Pressure Plate Replacement, 6 speed manual transmission

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
OlensKizashi

After calling Suzuki of America ( who was not helpful at all) and then calling many dealers, I was not able to find out if I have to remove the engine to replace the clutch. One dealer told me I have to drop the crossmember with the engine on it and then pull the transmission, but that I do not have to pull the motor out of the car. We have prepped the car for clutch replacement and we just finished removed most of the bellhousing bolts. We have a strap around the transmission to support it, but I want to understand the right procedure before we move forward. In following license TOill's " engine and transmission assembly removal for head gasket replacement", I understand that there may be some important things to consider if I have to drop the engine. We are working off of jack stands and I don't know if I have the clearance to drop the x-member, etc.. Any help would be greatly appreciated !
KuroNekko

OlensKizashi wrote:After calling Suzuki of America ( who was not helpful at all) and then calling many dealers, I was not able to find out if I have to remove the engine to replace the clutch. One dealer told me I have to drop the crossmember with the engine on it and then pull the transmission, but that I do not have to pull the motor out of the car. We have prepped the car for clutch replacement and we just finished removed most of the bellhousing bolts. We have a strap around the transmission to support it, but I want to understand the right procedure before we move forward. In following license TOill's " engine and transmission assembly removal for head gasket replacement", I understand that there may be some important things to consider if I have to drop the engine. We are working off of jack stands and I don't know if I have the clearance to drop the x-member, etc.. Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Search the forum a bit for the Service Manual. That should give you a sense of what is required for clutch replacement.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
OlensKizashi

Thanks. I found a link to the service manual but it wont load.
old tech

I find it easiest to leave engine in the car and just drop transmission in your case. Any plans for the belt tensioner? I you have more than 100k on the clock it should be changed. Checking its wear can be done by rotating crank backward or counterclockwise 6 revolutions and watching for the drive belt. If bad, it will inch its way out off the pulley directly above crank .
OlensKizashi

I am not referring to taking the engine out of the vehicle, just dropping it as the service manual (kind of) says to do. It is super tight to work in there and we tried to pull the bell housing away from the engine enough to be able to rotate the transmission downward, but it doesn't want to come all the way out, horizontally. I don't know if there is enough clearance for the input shaft to come out so we can rotate the transmission downward, to pull it out the bottom. Have you done a kizashi 6 speed without dropping the front crossmember/engine ?
Thanks for your tip on the tensioner !