Looking for an AWD car

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
mapeterson2

Hello all,

I've been looking for AWD cars that will be great in the snow and in the mountains. I'm from Minnesota but living in SoCal right now. I do many trips across the US and I would like a nice AWD car to drive in the snow so I can go in the winters.

I've been looking at Mistubishis, Subarus, Audis, and now came across this little guy. I've never heard of them before until I saw it in a magazine and I guess the AWD handling was compared to an Audi A4. Reading that, a question comes to mind. How big are these cars? I've never seen one so what is the car size compared to? A Jetta? A Camry? An A4?

All comments and pointers welcome!

Please help me decide!!

Thanks!

Mark.
2005 Pontiac GTO - 375 rwhp
2001 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock w/ 6 inch lift
KHCreason

I see it as a slightly scrunched Ford Fusion.

I can't quite see the hood while in the position I drive in.

wheelbase is 106.3 inches, with an overall length of 183.1, compared to the 110.6 wheelbase and 185.2 overall length of the Audi, this translates to a slightly tighter turning radius.

They are all in the Mid-Size segment, though that has a rather large scope as well.

For the price, I haven't seen anything that decently compares to the overall quality. Its like taking the technology and quality of a Ford Taurus, bumping it up to the next Quality rung and downgrading it one or two on the Tech end, and sticking it into the Fusion, and making sure a manual is offered, and THEN slashing 5 grand off sticker.

I sell Fords, and am buying a Kizashi.
mapeterson2

haha nice. That's good to hear. The more I look into everything about the car, it makes me want one more.

They look real nice and having that 5 year/ unlimited mile corrosion protection is pretty sweet!
TheHolyGhost

The best comparison people generally make I think is to the previous generation Subaru Legacy and Acura TSX as far as size and sportiness. The TSX was probably a little quicker, but they were both on the smaller end of the mid-size segment and were good handling cars. The interior quality is definitely better than the Legacy though.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
chevydually

mapeterson2 wrote:Hello all,

I've been looking for AWD cars that will be great in the snow and in the mountains. I'm from Minnesota but living in SoCal right now. I do many trips across the US and I would like a nice AWD car to drive in the snow so I can go in the winters.

I've been looking at Mistubishis, Subarus, Audis, and now came across this little guy. I've never heard of them before until I saw it in a magazine and I guess the AWD handling was compared to an Audi A4. Reading that, a question comes to mind. How big are these cars? I've never seen one so what is the car size compared to? A Jetta? A Camry? An A4?

All comments and pointers welcome!

Please help me decide!!

Thanks!

Mark.
its between corolla andd camary fit 2 golf bags in trunk, also wide as camry, whats nice is awd u can turn off, the kizashi or sx4 both that way i'm 63 lots of rooom ft and back seats
mapeterson2

Awesome guys, thanks!

I'm really thinking about getting on now. They just seem so much fun!