Hi all! New member :)

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
emhia8

Hello! I'm 16 and just inherited my Dad's 2012 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD as my first car. It has 86k miles on it and runs great, no issues this far in its life (other than the recalls). Just wanted to say hi to everyone and I look forward to learning about this unique car!
KlutzNinja

Welcome to the forums. It sounds like you’re based in the US?
I’m guessing your dad has told you at least some things about maintaining the Kizashi. It’s a good car but the ownership experience definitely has its quirks.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
Woodie

Welcome!

Get the transmission serviced.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

Woodie wrote:Welcome!

Get the transmission serviced.
X2!
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
danblksheep

Hello, new member here from sunny Arizona. I am looking forward to being a Kizashi owner soon. I loved the car when it 1st came out and always wanted one for a daily driver. I currently own and daily another vehicle that is no longer sold in the US, a Toyota FJ Cruiser and I love it!
I look forward to chatting and learning about the Kizashi with all of you good folks.
BTW, if anyone knows a a good used low mileage Kizashi feel free to direct me to them. Thanks!
cderek388

Hello, I am 17 and I have inherited my mom’s 2011 Suzuki Kizashi and it has 105,000 miles on it and many more to go... I have little experience and more to come in the future
Woodie

Welcome to both of you! Two new members in less than four hours!

If you have the automatic transmission, get the fluid and filters changed now. It's a little bit fragile and the original recommended maintenance was none.
AirRideFan

Woodie wrote:Welcome to both of you! Two new members in less than four hours!

If you have the automatic transmission, get the fluid and filters changed now. It's a little bit fragile and the original recommended maintenance was none.
Mine car is at 126k now, and I know about the Jatco tranny's failing early in our cars, but so far- my is okay.

Is pulling the pan down, and changing the fluid, etc something that I should still DEFINITELY consider doing?
Hmm... wonder if I could do it in my driveway... with the right parts and the reading more on here? Or should I have a dealer do it, or my guy (who is great and I trust- but, really specializes in cooling systems/ac/hvac repairs) ?
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
Woodie

https://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5224

If I had the CVT I would take my car to old tech as soon as humanly possible. Especially since you are in Pennsylvania (I know that's a big state, but you can drive the entire length of it in a day, no problem) he's just north of Pittsburgh if I recall correctly. You can change the fluid and filters yourself, but he's got an update that adds a lot of life expectancy, and has done 50 CVT repairs, not likely to get surprised by anything.
KuroNekko

I personally think the Kizashi is an excellent hand-me-down first car given it's safe and not a chintzy POS. Not powerful but not agonizingly slow. Not too small but not bigger than it needs to be.
Other than CVT woes, it should be a great first car. Like others have suggested, properly service the CVT if it has been ignored.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)