New member from the land of Oz.

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
Rooboru

G'day from Falcon Western Australia.
First time Kizashi owner, however the second owner of this particular car which is a 2011 FR model. 106,000 Km's in great condition.
Let's hope there is a lot of happy motoring to be done in the Kazishi.
Cheers and regards,
Rooboru.
Woodie

Welcome Rooboru!

What different models are available down there? Never heard of an FR

If you have an automatic, change the fluid now. They originally said it never needed to be changed. Now that they're all failing, Suzuki says to change it every 50K km.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Rooboru

Hi Woodie, thanks for the welcome.
I'm a bit new to the Suzuki car scene in Australia mate, so not quite up with the Kizashi models here. They stopped selling them in Oz in 2017
I do know they had an SX-4, a Sport AWD and an XL, which looks pretty much the same as my car. The vehicle registration papers say the model I have is an FR which is in the VIN, JSAFRE91S001-----.
I've just changed the engine oil and oil filter and also put some new spark plugs in her too.
Thanks for the heads up about the CVT fluid, is there anything on YouTube showing how to go about changing it?
I've also noticed that pulling away from traffic lights, the CVT ratios change very quickly from 1st straight to the 5th ratio, missing the normal progressional range of ratios as the car speeds up, is this normal? Mind you, if you push the foot down, it goes thru the normal sequence of ratios till you hit approx 60Kph or 38Mph.
When we're out in the bush on bitumen, and you put your foot down say around 70Mph, she fair dinkum takes off like a startled Kangaroo, and she's up to a 100 before you can say bobs your uncle.
Thanks for the contact Woodie and I'll get on to changing the CVT fluid asap.
Cheers matey, all the best..
Woodie

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency