Winter Driving

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
MetalMulisha

Greetings from Canada, We just had our first real dump of Snow on Thursday, American Thanksgiving, I took the day off to watch Football and as I did we got about 15 centimeters of snow or about 1/2 a foot so it was significant. I have a very steep driveway and could not move my 2005 Pontiac Montana Van up this hill for all my effort,it has Good Year eagle F1 performance All-Season tires that are only about 1 year old so that wasn't the issue. So when I jumped in my Kizashi (driven 9000km today) was amazed that I could actually just drive in REVERSE up this hill no AWD required. My Kizashi is the top of the line fully loaded AWD with CVT (CVT-no love for the CVT). Up until a few weeks ago the only model available in Canada, now we can get the manual tranny. I love to drive in the snow so I was so happy with the performance, anytime I went around a corner and the back end started to come out the AWD traction kicked into gear and corrected the slide it was brilliant, I would like to have snow tires but the stock Dunlops are doing the job just fine, my only dissapointment is the snow is already gone. looking forward to the next round! Love my Kizashi and look forward to some modifications for summer of 2011! Look out!
ThunderSky

Yup , we had about 2-3 inches of snow in Montreal on Saturday and I took the Kizashi out for a spin in the AM before the salt trucks were running around. I have brand new Blizzaks on and I have to say this thing is gonna be brilliant in the winter. Accelerating was almost like being on dry pavement, the AWD system is amazing in the snow.
I may not mind the snow this year, might even look forward to it. :lol:
2011 Kizashi SX - AWD
2008 Honda Civic
2007 Saturn Sky Redline
2001 Mazda Protege
KIZAWDinKC

That's good to hear. I just got my 2010 AWD Kizashi GTS with Dunlops as well. The main reason I got it was because I was looking for a AWD sedan for snow in the winter, but yet get's decent gas mileage and is sporty to drive in the summer. Kizashi met all of my criteria. We don't get deep snow, but we get our share here in the midwest. I love driving this car and it's good to see that a couple of other guys have had good experiences with the Kizashi in snow. I can't wait for it to snow this winter!!!!! :P