Hello from Japan

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
Mines_N_H

Hello everyone.
I have been riding KIZASHI with manual transmission since 2017 in Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan, where SUZUKI is located.
Only the CVT type was released in Japan, and KIZASHI equipped with a manual transmission had to be imported from other countries.
I've been following this forum for some time to find out about issues and part numbers not known in Japan, but today I decided to say hello to everyone.

Like many Japanese people, I rely on Google Translate. Sorry if it's hard to read.

Thank you.
Attachments
SAKURA and KIZASHI
SAKURA and KIZASHI
4231733.jpg (120.35 KiB) Viewed 2537 times
2010 SUZUKI KIZASHI XLS 6MT
KuroNekko

Konnichiwa!
Welcome! I was very surprised to read that there was a manual transmission Kizashi in Japan because, as you know, only CVT models were sold there. Your XLS trim sounds like an Australian/New Zealand model, which would also be right-hand drive like Japan.

While I am a US citizen and live in California, I am half Japanese and lived in Kobe and Kyoto in the past. I used to visit Japan often before the pandemic. Is the Kizashi still used as a government/unmarked police car in Japan? It's probably retired now or maybe in service in small municipal or rural areas.
Again, welcome!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Mines_N_H

Hello KuroNekko!
As you may have guessed, it's an Australian KIZASHI.
Driving an LHD car in Japan is often difficult, so being RHD was a must.
I thought you were related to Japan from the name "KuroNekko", but I never thought you were half. I went to Kobe and Kyoto for sightseeing, and they are wonderful cities.
KIZASHI is one of the vehicles still used by Japanese police.
Some of the vehicles are retired, but the advice that "If you see a KIZASHI, think it's a police officer" is still valid.

The first useful information for me on this forum was about the causes and countermeasures for the rattling noise from the clutch pedal that only occurs on RHDs.
Also, since it is not possible to buy KIZASHI parts with overseas specifications in Japan, the information on the site where you can buy parts for this car in the United States etc. made me delighted.
(I need a ridiculous way to send parts from Japan to America and have them returned to Japan.)
KuroNekko

It's sad to hear that getting Kizashi parts even in Japan is getting hard. I read your post on Megazip.net and it makes sense why members here are having a harder time finding parts on there recently. It's sad because Suzuki is an orphaned brand in the US and Canada thus finding parts is already hard as there is no dealer support anymore. The Kizashi is a great car but if the OE parts supply thins out and gets increasingly harder to find online, I think more owners will abandon the car. The Kizashi is generationally about a decade old and most have about 100,000 miles in the US and Canada. Parts are going to become critical in keeping these cars running as daily drivers.
Mines_N_H

It is still relatively easy to get Japanese spec KIZASHI parts in Japan.
My explanation was bad and you may have misunderstood. sorry.
Suzuki headquarters prohibits the sale of overseas specification car parts in Japan.
So, for example, when I wanted a clutch disc, I would ask Megazip to send it to an American forwarding agent, and they would send it back to Japan.
If Megazip can only supply parts for Japanese specifications, it has become a shop that is not worth using for me.
I think that if the opportunities for people in North America to buy parts decrease, the number of parts that will be discontinued will increase accordingly.
KuroNekko

I see but I can tell you that other than the obvious difference of RHD vs. LHD, Auto vs. Manual, FWD vs. AWD, all global Kizashis are mostly the same. All Kizashis were produced in Sagara, Japan with the same 2.4 liter J24B engine. While there are slight differences due to regulations such as emissions components, safety, and lighting equipment, I think most core components are the same for the Kizashi around the world.
While a clutch disc might be harder to get from Suzuki in Japan because no JDM Kizashis had the MT, a tie rod or damper should be the same for the Kizashi whether JDM, USDM, or Euro spec.
Mines_N_H

That is certainly true.
Most of the consumables are the same as Japanese specifications, so at least maintenance is not difficult.