Newbie in Pune (India)

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
trinity

Hi Everyone.
It was about 10 years back when I saw the first Kizashi overtaking me on the Bombay-Pune expressway., and that's when I remarked.... Man, I gotta have one.

Fast forward 10 years, I did manage to find a local wanting to sell his.
It was in pretty bad shape when I took a test drive. Suspension, Steering, Starter, Clutch, Tyres, Weather Strips.... Aargh way too much was wrong....... Everyone was against me from buying this.

I persisted, and bought it, knowing very well that I needed to do some major repairs. Slowly getting them fixed one by one.

Hope I can get some guidance from the experts and the knowledge here.

Happy to be here!
~trinity

2004 Baleno
2005 Accord
2012 Kizashi
--------------------
KuroNekko

Welcome!
You came to the right place for info and tips on the Kizashi. While I know Suzuki is a major name in India, the Kizashi was rare there due to it being a Japanese import, unlike most Maruti-Suzukis.
There are a few India-based members here.
Good luck on the restoration/repairs.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
trinity

Thanks KuroNekko!

Parts are so scarce in India....

My serpentine belt snapped today, and it broke the oil seal.
Ordered both, and will wait a few days for those parts to be arrive.
~trinity

2004 Baleno
2005 Accord
2012 Kizashi
--------------------
old tech

The scenario that usually causes this is the belt tensioner, getting worn to the side, letting the belt slide off one rib, and then the sharp water pump pulley cuts that rib off, and this thing magically ends up wadding up at the crank seal,pushing it into the timing chain causing it to jump and sometimes bending the valves. You’ll want to at least check this tensioner after the new belt installation, rotating crankshaft backwards and watching at the tensioner pulley to see if the belt stays squarely on the tensioner pulley. It probably won’t. In fact it will probably jump a groove. Check under technica section herel “cheap fix belt tensioner “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk