New member from PA coming from a VW GTI

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
panzer 2.3

Hello all. This is my second thread & figure I'd introduce myself. I just sold my mkv vw gti. Reason being I'm a new father & I want to get a awd daily driver that's good on gas & that I'd feel confident putting my son in the back off.

The wife just got herself a new suv & the new car bug has hit me. Before, I owned my gti I drove a SX4 for awhile, and I loved that car. I had alot of rrm stuff for it & it was a pleasure to drive. I admit I was first looking at some higher end sedans like the C300, A4 & sti, but the kizashi has really won me over & I plan to buy a new awd sport sls around may. Figure with the money I saved I can buy alot of rrm goodies, since I'm a tuner at heart. I first took the plunge on the zuke car because I've been riding gsxr's/honda's since I was 16 & those bikes have never let me down.

I don't want to get to radical with the kizashi, but I do plan to make it fun in the twisties. Maybe take in a occasional autocross day etc... My plans include:
-colormatching the sidemarkers
-hid's
-35% tint
-rotora bbk w/ oz wheels
-rrm rsb, strut brace, frame brace, intake, cat-back
-maybe pulley/piggyback?
I like easy mods this way if I ever have a problem I usually remove my mods & put the car back into stock form before taking it to the dealer, though most dealers never minded a bbk.cat-back so that would have to stay on.

I'll post up some pics after I get the car & will make a build thread. I have many friends in the auto body, electronic, carbon fiber, interior scene so some custom touches will be added in time. I have over 30 trophies for my previous car with many magazine features so hopefully I have a bit of know how in building a car & I look forward to this new project. I tell alot of my friends that VW is part owner of suzuki & they never believe me, so I won't be straying to far away ;)
Fortune favors the bold-Alexander the great
TheHolyGhost

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have someone who seems like they will be a valuable resource. We have a good community here and there is a lot of information on the Kizashi so definitely poke around.

Where in PA are you?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Blackbelt

Welcome. I have been a die hard VW fan most of my life. My DD when my first son was born was a 1983 GTi. I drove him home from the hospital in that car when he was 4 days old. and he drove that same GTi his first 2 years of college.
Would love to see some pictures of your previous cars, the SX4 and the dub.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
panzer 2.3

TheHolyGhost wrote:Welcome to the forum! It's great to have someone who seems like they will be a valuable resource. We have a good community here and there is a lot of information on the Kizashi so definitely poke around.

Where in PA are you?
I'm up in the quakertown area, I was hookep up with awe for my last build.
Here's one pic I'll get some more up tonite.
RjKizashi

Welcome to the Kiza forum ............ and Hello.
Rj Arizona
2010 Kizashi SLS AWD/Wifes

panzer 2.3

Blackbelt wrote:Welcome. I have been a die hard VW fan most of my life. My DD when my first son was born was a 1983 GTi. I drove him home from the hospital in that car when he was 4 days old. and he drove that same GTi his first 2 years of college.
Would love to see some pictures of your previous cars, the SX4 and the dub.
Thank-you everyone for the welcome! Here's the only pic I could find of my old SX4 behind my cbr:
Here's some more of the vw, looking forward to start on the kizashi, I don't know how familar you are with newer gti's, but this one has a ton of work it can fill up a entire page with it's mod's, but it was a well balanced car & wasn't weak in any area. I'll miss it, but it's hard to have a car seat in a dedicated two-seater:
TheHolyGhost

Nice looking car. A friend of mine has been really in to VW tuning for a while now. He actually worked at AWE for a little while. Nick Meyer, do you know him?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
panzer 2.3

TheHolyGhost wrote:Nice looking car. A friend of mine has been really in to VW tuning for a while now. He actually worked at AWE for a little while. Nick Meyer, do you know him?
I think he left right before they picked me up for sponsorship. I never met him, but I heard about him. I think he had a mkv similar to mine? I had my SX4 before I bought the gti & I put some money into it. At the time I felt the gti was more tunable, so I made the switch. The Sx4 was a great car while I had it, and that has led me back into owning another one. The timing chain/switchable 2wd/awd really won me over. I feel with a few tasteful bolt ons, the kizashi will be great as a dd. It's a real head turner, and I look forward to adding a few custom touches to make it my own.

I don't think I'll be winning many races, but that's not the reason I'm buying it. I work in philly & commute from quakertown 5x a week, so I def need something good in the snow, rain & wallet. Also something that will be safe for my son. I drive very conservatively when he's in the car. When I'm in my local area there's a ton of back twisty roads that I can also use the awd/suspension goodies on if I'm alone. Once, I get the car where I want her to be I'll take in the occasional auto cross day. I'm also a huge mountain biker & some of the roads I travel are treacherous so the added grip will be welcomed. If you see a silver kizashi with bike racks you know you've spotted me. It was a tough call between this & a new legacy gt, but the zuke won out.
TheHolyGhost

He's been through a lot of cars. He had a B5 A4 then a red MKV. The Kizashi is a blast to drive. I test drove the Legacy, but the new one just didn't compare. For me it was between an 06 GT Spec.b and the Kizashi. It was going to be a car I intended to have for a long time so I went with the kick ass warranty and N/A.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
panzer 2.3

TheHolyGhost wrote:He's been through a lot of cars. He had a B5 A4 then a red MKV. The Kizashi is a blast to drive. I test drove the Legacy, but the new one just didn't compare. For me it was between an 06 GT Spec.b and the Kizashi. It was going to be a car I intended to have for a long time so I went with the kick ass warranty and N/A.
Yep it's the same guy, he def had a red mkv. I agree you get a better warranty with the zuke, you'd have to pay extra with subaru for the gold warranty to match the standard coverage. I also want this car to last me a long time. I'm thinking at least 7+ years. Turbo cars are fun, but for me it will just be so much simplier without dealing with intercoolers, catch-cans, boost gauges etc... I'm looking forward to buying/owning it.