Huge Subaru fan just bought first Suzuki!

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
kegard

Hi everyone!

I took a huge leap of faith last Saturday when I traded in my turbocharged (and modified) Subaru Forester FXT (auto trans) for a Vivid Red GTS with manual trans.

I had to get something with a manual (I hate driving auto!), and have been following Inside Line's long term test for the past year. I read all the major car mags, and most everything I've read has been overwhelmingly positive about the Kizashi.

I wanted something with a manual trans, something that handled well, looked sporty, and has a better interior than my Subaru (better inside than any Subaru IMHO). The Kizashi fit the bill.

So far i'm very pleased with my purchase. Happier still that I'm getting close to 27mpg over all, easily beating the 21mpg I got with the fast Forester.

I am sorely missing the power my FXT and my Subaru WRX had. I think I will soon be purchasing a lightweight crank pulley. And perhaps an ECU and intake.

I have a decent amount of experience tuning both the WRX and FXT. I'm going to start spreading the word about my fantastic new car, and I hope the tuning crowd will jump on the bandwagon.

If any of you have any performance mods, I would love to hear from you and get feedback.

Cheers!

Eric
2011 GTS manual

former life:
Tuned 2007 Subaru Forester XT auto
Tuned 2005 Subaru WRX manual
RjKizashi

Welcome to the site.........Sure hope your Kizashi treats you well. My wifes has been nothing but a pleasure so far
Rj Arizona
2010 Kizashi SLS AWD/Wifes

kumar

Nice to hear that you switched from Subaru....now I am even more convinced about my purchase.....

Shekhar
2010 SLS,FWD, CVT
chazyouwin

I switched from Honda Accord and Toyota Celica. But I did that in 2002, three Zukes ago.

Still looking to spend my first repair dollar on any Zuke outside of regular maintenance -- 170,000 miles on the Zukes, oil changes, one set of new tires, two oxygen sensors, new plugs -- all on the schedule.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
kegard

Great! I'm hoping mine will be as trouble-free as my Subies have been.
2011 GTS manual

former life:
TheHolyGhost

I came from a 2008 Subaru Legacy. I loved that car, but I love my Kizashi, too. Welcome, I don't think you'll regret the purchase.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
kegard

My wife had a new 2008 Legacy 2.5i. It was a nice enough car, but I didn't care much for the seats or the boring drive. The Kizashi is much better inside, feels roomier, and is much more engaging to drive. Very happy Suzuki customer so far!

Now just need to work on modifying the clutch throw and adding a little more pep to it :twisted:
2011 GTS manual

former life: