Suzuki passes on L.A., Detroit shows

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
Trailboss

http://www.leftlanenews.com/suzuki-pass ... shows.html

I keep thinking that Suzuki USA has really dropped the marketing ball here in the USA, considering how well their vehicles sell overseas, but this story clarifies why sales may be so lackluster....frankly, it is nice to own a new car that upon taking possession of it you don't seem to see one on every corner!
nytq

I think Suzuki's approach is very typical of a majority of Japanese Manufacturers. There are a handful of Big Players, ie Toyota, Honda, Sony, Panasonic to name a few. But there are many more Japanese companies that The US never hears about. The fact is they are completely happy that way. They know how much of a market share they can actually tap, and the don't try to take more than their share. I work for a Japanese electronics manufacturer, and although very frustrating as an American, it does create a sense of security and consistency. We as American's seem to forget that there is a very large planet out there beyond our borders. Plenty of customers for any market. We shouldn't get discouraged just because we don't see marketing/advertisment that makes a company look good just in the USA. Keep in mind this is a special car. Unique in it's own way. A big part of that is not seeing 20 or more on the way to work. As long as Suzuki maintains the level of performance and reliability for the price you get with the Kizashi, they will always have a presence in the USA. Despite the few issues I have had, like paint and dealer service, I would definitely consider buying another kizashi down the road. I recommend it all the time.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK