Am I crazy????

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
Delgado

I am in he market for a new car.After looking at Altima(too common),accord(have one)Camry(too bland) I have decided I like the Kizashi the best.Love the style and handling,engine and cvt not so much.I have read that sales of all suzuki cars are off 47% in north america and in Canada sales for October are 38% below last October's.It seems inevitable that Suzuki will leave North America sooner than later unless incredible happens.What traditionally happens to customers when manufacturers pull out of selected markets?I would really like to buy the car but I am getting cold feet.
themeat424

Even though things look bleak, I wouldn't count Suzuki out just yet. It's not inevitable that they are going anywhere. They have been touring the country now focusing on specific regions. It seems that is their current plan at the moment, to at least have a presence in certain parts of the country. If Suzuki gets it going, and delivers on what they planned, a Kizashi based crossover, the swift, mini truck based on the jimny, turbo and hybrid kizashis, they would have a solid lineup and they would be back in business. I can't understand why doing all that would be so hard...
chazyouwin

I don't know where you are getting your info. Here is monthly co. press release info on U.S. sales:
http://media.suzuki.com/auto/?p=4
They show healthy increases YTD over last year. U.S. sales are obviously the bulk of N. America, so I don't know what you are talking about with the 47% figure. I do believe that Suzuki inventories have been hit by the Japan earthquake, and of course the yen is very strong. Suzuki has been introducing the Kizashi in many foreign markets and with far smaller sales goals, so I do not see anything to worry about for the U.S. market, really.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
lookin

yes you looking at old numbers suzuki aint going nowhere ...also by law if any car company pulls out of a market or stop making cars they have to continue to provide parts they cant leave you hi and dry people just be talking shit and then a lot of hear say be going on your biggest hurdle may be having to wait until the parts are ordered but think about it any car requiring major work you still most of the time have to wait for parts.....
EnfinityX

Perhaps they may eventually pull out, but if anything strong bike sales should help a bit.
Ronzuki

Personally, I'm tired of hearing/reading about 'Suzuki sales' this and 'dealers closing' that. Back in the late 80s, Consumer-BS-Reports caused massive irreparable damage to the sale of Suzuki's best, original and nearly only, vehicle offered in the U.S., the Samurai. CU/CR successfully killed the vehicle and one must consider that it was intended to kill the brand. Well, they are still here (what's that say to you about the company?) and have now finally started producing and selling top quality, functional, reasonably priced, reliable Japanese built cars for sale here once again. Vehicles I now would condsider, and have happily purchased. If you like Kizashi better than the others you had considered, buy it, drive it and enjoy it for many miles. Be part of the crowd that increased the sales numbers instead. My $0.02.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)