2012 Kizashi Turbo - Real? Saw one today!

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
xwiredtva

So I'm getting gas in mine at the Turkey Hill just off the Progress Ave Exit in Harrisburg, Pa. And here pulls in a white Kizashi. No fog lights. Anyways the car pulls up to the pump 2 down from me and I waived at the driver and got nothing... Ok. So I go in to grab a soda and on my way out I see it's an "S" model and right next to that it says "Turbo" in chrome with red shadow. WTF! The passenger was using a thinkpad. I asked the driver "is this a Turbo?" and get a nod. I asked "is it factory?" and he turns around to finish pumping. So I asked again and he looks, smiles and gets in the car. Locks the door starts it up and leaves (not in a hurry).

SO I get in mine thinking, they must be out! I get home which is about a 30min ride and call Sutliff Suzuki and speak to the Sales Manager who informed me the 2012's are NOT there yet and the Turbo is not on his list yet.

Now I know American Suzuki has an office in Mechanicsburg, PA. as do GM and Chrysler, BMW and Benz.

So did I see a real turbo or a DB in a Kizashi?

Here's to hope...
Trailboss

The driver sounds like a douchebag.
Firefly

xwiredtva wrote:... it's an "S" model
So did I see a real turbo...?
I doubt it if that was an S.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
lookin

Trailboss wrote:The driver sounds like a douchebag.
maybe hes not a douchebag but a guy doing a test run for suzuki he wont answer any questions but then again test run cars are usually hidden
babacu

As much as I'd like to see a turbo myself, I'm afraid this was nothing more than a "cosmetic" upgrade. Anybody can slap a turbo badge on the trunk lid and act all mysterious when asked for details...

The guy doesn't strike me as a proud owner of a turbo version, he acts more like somebody that would rather not provide any details about a cheap trick.

And lock the doors? Really? Did you appear to be ready to steal the turbo from him there and then???
Trailboss

lookin wrote:
Trailboss wrote:The driver sounds like a douchebag.
maybe hes not a douchebag but a guy doing a test run for suzuki he wont answer any questions but then again test run cars are usually hidden
If that was the case, a simple "I'm sorry but company policy forbids me from commenting, thanks for buying Suzuki" or something to that effect, not "hey I'm too cool to talk to you".
Moto
Site Admin

Probably should have looked to see if he was using premium or regular. :)
Northernstar

dont think turbo is coming out, at least not for 2012 MY
chazyouwin

Did the chrome/red shadow font look like the attached?
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (40.89 KiB) Viewed 12509 times
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
xwiredtva

Well my wife swears she saw the same car today on her way into work (she goes I81 S from the RT934 exit). She said it was on the hwy when she pulled up behind and noticed the same badge in the same place on the same white colored S model.

So I'm thinking the guy lives around here. She works just off the Progress Ave exit but she said he was doing about 80mph and did NOT get off at that exit. 80mph is what everyone does on that part of the hwy. 2-16wheels, doesn't matter. It's rather safe stretch, you can see a long way and there's great sides but I did get my front bumper removed on this stretch due to a 16wheeler tire blowout 2 years ago. Scared the crap outa my dog (really it did).

Do the doors auto-lock on the newer models? I don't think mine are as loud as this guys. And it was certainly a stick, he over revved leaving.

It was odd. We had the GM Impact here a year before for testing and the M3 twice was photo'd in PA winter testing a year early. I was kinda hoping...

I'm gonna go with DB in a KZ.

Font was all chrome and then turbo in red but only on the inside edge like a 3D drop shadow effect.