CVT Turbo

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
KuroNekko

phatbutter2 wrote:
true, but we're speaking about the CVT tranny. wish there was a manual version available when I was looking at mine
I have a manual and love it but keep in mind that the AWD drivetrain is exclusive to the CVT hence all manual Kizashis are only FWD. I truly believe if one really wants a turbo Kizashi, they should actually just get a Subaru WRX so you get a factory warranty and AWD along with the turbo and manual transmission.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

350 whp? From 185 crank HP engine? How's he doing that? Much more than a turbo to even get 186 whp much less almost double.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
kconklin33

I don't see it being that big of a task. I'm aware of SOHC honda's that make like 106hp make 350hp with just boost and a good tune, no internals. If I'm not mistaken he was running around 24psi. The j24 in the kizashi can hold some pretty serious power as seen in the salt flats car that hit 200+ mph, granted that surely had internal work.
LPSISRL

Yeah, but shaft HP and wheel HP are two different things. Lots of losses in the drive train. It just sounds a little generous, that's all. Lots of tunes for Hondas. Suzuki j24b? I'm curious. I've heard they are difficult to tune one reason being that the ECM is not in English so you not only have to know tuning, you have to know Japanese.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
phatbutter2

KuroNekko wrote:
phatbutter2 wrote:
true, but we're speaking about the CVT tranny. wish there was a manual version available when I was looking at mine
I have a manual and love it but keep in mind that the AWD drivetrain is exclusive to the CVT hence all manual Kizashis are only FWD. I truly believe if one really wants a turbo Kizashi, they should actually just get a Subaru WRX so you get a factory warranty and AWD along with the turbo and manual transmission.

I agree, I love my kizashi but my next vehicle(in a few year at least) will definitely be a WRX or if I got the money then a STI
"The Kizash" 2012 Kizashi Sport SLS AWD - Black pearl
FrankoLaMoya

Same here...or a Lexus/Infiniti sedan AWD. (I like the luxurious look and feel of cars) you don't necessarely get that with the WRX.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
phatbutter2

FrankoLaMoya wrote:Same here...or a Lexus/Infiniti sedan AWD. (I like the luxurious look and feel of cars) you don't necessarely get that with the WRX.
yeah I have the sports sls, leather sunroof, all the goodies, but im planning on sticking with a WRX or STI just because I love subarus(honestly would have gotten one of them if I had the money when I got my kizashi)
more power to you tho, the lexus awds are very nice!
"The Kizash" 2012 Kizashi Sport SLS AWD - Black pearl