It comes to an end... Suzuki files chapter 11

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
Juan

Well, im visiting my family in puerto rico at the moment and I can say that Suzuki is live an well down here. I see a lot of Suzuki cars on the road, especially sx4 crosover (i saw one awd, go figure) , a lot of the sx4 sedans, a lot of SUV vitaras an of course a ton of samuráis in pristine condition. Also dealers selling them are everywhere and advertisement in local papers is strong too. I also read in the local paper that one of the local dealers just completed a 1 million dollars worth of renovation to better serve the customer. Suzuki is everywhere here but so far I have spotted one kizashi on the road so far...
KuroNekko

Nice to hear that Suzuki is doing well in PR.

I am going to Japan next month and will take a lot of photos of the Suzuki's there. I will also be on the look out for JDM Kizashi's. In fact, the first Kizashi I ever saw in person was in Japan years ago.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
jono6406

I just got back 3 weeks ago from Jamaica and the Grand Cayman Islands an there they have a very strong presence. In the latter they were even ploice cars. I still think ASMC gave up on us here in the states when their new products would have turned many Americian heads.Now they want to bitch feed us 2500 more cars.......why not just stay open!
Juan

I just spotted another kizashi... It's such a nice looking car. The sx4 sedan is everywhere!
Firefly

Suzuki - the full brand - makes a good choice where fuel is expensive and roads are tight.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
Stodge

One of my two local Suzuki dealers (Ottawa, Canada) has stopped selling Suzukis and is now selling Mitsubishis. Tis a shame.
Puppy80

Stodge wrote:One of my two local Suzuki dealers (Ottawa, Canada) has stopped selling Suzukis and is now selling Mitsubishis. Tis a shame.
It's funny that you say that because I got in the mail the other day a card from a dealer that is selling Mitsubishis asking me to come in and take a test drive and how Mitsubishi and Suzuki have so much alike.
suzukifan21

Is it still being sold outside of the US? Because it seems like only in the US they'll sell their motorcycles but their vehicles I believe are doing well everywhere else but here.
KuroNekko

suzukifan21 wrote:Is it still being sold outside of the US? Because it seems like only in the US they'll sell their motorcycles but their vehicles I believe are doing well everywhere else but here.
Suzuki sells well in Asia, but the Kizashi has not been successful. When I visited Japan, I talked to sale reps for Suzuki in two different cities. They both told me that the Kizashi is not selling well at all in Japan. I have also read that Suzuki had decided to pull the Kizashi from India due to low sales. Keep in mind that both Japan and India are markets where other Suzuki models sell well. It's just that the Kizashi has flopped.

It's not selling well in Europe or Australia either. I doubt it has had much sales in China. I imagine that other markets simply are not wealthy enough for a Suzuki flag ship. The US was a prime market for the Kizashi, but it failed to market it well.
Suzuki saw the Accord and Camry doing so well and thought to target them instead of bringing the Swift to fight the Fit and Yaris. I would say this was a mistake, but then add poor marketing and dealer network from ASMC. The Kizashi was doomed. Great engineering, but poor management and marketing will still result in failure.

Sadly, I can't imagine Suzuki keeping the Kizashi in production for too long. They simply aren't selling enough anywhere to justify long term production. It's terrible because I have read Suzuki spent about a billion USD in producing and developing the Kizashi.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
jono6406

Well all we spoke of comes to another sad end. Suzuki today announced that it will no longer be selling cars in Canada too. ( Suzuki makes me sick on my stomach) but I will drive my Kizashi until it's of no more value and I'll drive it like I stole it.