Now What?

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
kizashigal

Bought my Kizashi last year and have 24,000 trouble free miles on it. I have a warranty that covers 7 years/100k bumper to bumper. Got the car after my previous car was totaled so currently owe around 12k. With the bankruptcy, do I get out now, or run it into the ground? Am I better off just keeping the car I love knowing I won't get much for it in the future? Since the dealer I bought it from sells Subarus, do I look for a buyout? So bummed!
2011 Kizzy SE AWD Deep Sea Blue

*drive it like you stole it*
Ronzuki

You could try, but I wouldn't expect much. It's doubtful they'd pay it off at this point...but ya never know. I plan on running all of mine in to the ground. My wife loves her SX4 and she said to me after I told her about all this BS "so what, they never break down. I'll just be bummed when I need to replace it and can't get another one. Look what you do to that poor Samurai of yours". :roll: I've been running the Samurai in to the ground for the last 10-12 years and it keeps crawling its way out! :mrgreen:

My dealer is a bike and ATV franchise as well, so that fits nicely w/ the 'new' ASMC business 'plan'. They'll still have a pipeline to the mothership. It'll just take longer, and probably cost more, to get parts should the need arise. They do more service in there on all the Chrysler junk they also sell as compared to the zuks. So, the auto service bays aren't going anywhere.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Vadersquest

If Suzuki was to run a program to buy back recently sold vehicles I would consider it. Could it happen, dont bet on it..
Who knows though, maybe the kizi will become a rare car in the states and shoot up in value. Since Suzuki is only leaving N.America, they will still be around in other markets. I know that Saturn was mothbald and all elements were erased from this earth; the situation is not quite the same.
pidru

Just to clarify, since both Mexico and Canada are also in North America, the latest news is about US automobile only.

I'm in Canada and the news here is that Suzuki Canada has no tie in with the US Operation. Apparently, Suzuki is selling more cars this year compared to last year.

Where I live, in Metro Vancouver, we have 4 Suzuki dealers within 50 Km range and the closest to me is 5 Km. I see a lot of SX4 and Grand Vitarra around me. So far after owning a black Kizashi (3 weeks ago), I've seen 2 blacks, 1 white and 1 red, 1 silver. Aside from the 3 Kizashis that managers in my dealership personally drive.